Luck shot! but a question about HUD crosshair distance markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luck shot! but a question about HUD crosshair distance markers

I figured I'd fire a round at the carrier and judge how well I could tell the distance required. First shot...I got this (please note that the screenshot is taken after recoil...so it is no longer at the proper aiming distance in the screenshot)

Woot!

But yeah, I was curious....does anyone know where I could find some information on what each "mark" on the crosshair means according to distance for different kits/armor?

Re: Luck shot! but a question about HUD crosshair distance markers

these are distance markers if you know your target is '1'km away, you aling the '1' line with it, not the crosshair - idea is simple i think.

however, in bf2, these numbers have completly no relation to in-game distance so you have to practice it yourself

i have another question - what are your video settings - because i cant see the aircraft carrier from the point where you were standing and i have everything maxed [nv 7800gt, 2.5ghz a64, 2gb ram]

Comment

Well, I know what they are. I mean....I could use some information as to how far away each means. Sorry for the confusion. So.......they are useless in bf2? :/

I have everything maxed except textures...medium. For some reason, my FPS drops from 50 or so down to 5 if I look at the center of maps when textures are on high.

6600 GTS GeForce or something like that

Comment

AFAIK, a GeForce 2 6600GTS doesn't exist, lol.

Start > Run > type in "dxdiag". Go to the "display" tab, and look at the name of the device name. That's your videocard.

Comment

Geforce 6600 GT lol sorry. it's 5am and I'm not thinking straight.

Comment

Working...
          X