should i be getting low fps and lag with my system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i be getting low fps and lag with my system

I am running BF2 on 1280 by 1024 all on high with 4x anti and i get around 50-70 fps but it drops to 30 a lot and the game stutters sometimes even when my frames are high. Is it my sound card possibly, i have read about soundblaster issues. I tried the 91.31 drivers and it didnt help so i am now using 91.33 betas for my videocard, i also have current audigy 4 drivers installed. This is also a clean install of both and a clean install of XP Pro. PLEAS HELP!

Amd athlon 64 3700+, 2 gigs of corsair xms, 2-100 gig HD in raid 0, 7900gt overclocked from 500 core, 700 memory to 585 core 790 memory, soundblaster audigy 4

Isnt this odd?

Re: should i be getting low fps and lag with my system

Usually lagg and fps isnt to do with ur system specs. Its all about how fast the tranfer is to one comp to another. If ur net is slow then there will be lagg with high fps or if ur far away from a server then u will get high fps. I had high fps so i turned down my settings to low, mediam and got T1 and its all good.

Comment

when i was referring to lag i meant FPS lag not connection lag

Comment

Hmm... i have heard issues of textures on high, but it could be soundblaster, unlikely.

Try turning sound to low. If there is no difference in FPS, then its not the soundblaster. Also try singleplayer, mebbe with a 64 player mod. If it doesnt lag there, its the server, not your computer.

Comment

I tried with low quality sound when set to hardware and also on software and it seemed to run better on software, i dont get it...i have heard of issues with soundblasters and BF2

Comment

when i was referring to lag i meant FPS lag not connection lag
            ohh ok then. turn down ur settings to low, mediam.

Comment

Are you running your CPU at default speed?

Comment

Yes i have CPU at default, but again the graphics card is OCed, also i noticed this morning, its not frame lag either becasue i am getting 50-80 FPS yet it still is all glitchy at random times I DONT GET IT!!

Comment

Working...
                X