Heal points???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heal points???

So I'm on Karkand last night, and I finally got around to playing some medic, got my 15 hrs. in and see that all I need is 10 heal points in a round to get my veteran medic. Being the game is losing a bit of its shine, I figure this might be cool to try to get some of the peripheral stuff that I have been ignoring up till now. Here's the thing - I was spamming med packs all over the map. I was chasing people down who had low health. BY the way, WTF is up with THAT???? I'm two meters behind you sceamin "here's yer meds" at your two-bars-of-health havin a$$, and you just keep running. Again I say WTF?? I did this for a full round, and only ended up with three heals. How is this possible? I thought it was like support - somebody picks up an ammo bag, you get a point. Is it now (its been a long time since I played medic for more than a few minutes) somehow like engineer, thta you only get points for it once in a while? I mean I would throw med packs at peoples feet, they would disappear, the guys health goes to 100%, but no point for me. Has something changed that I'm not aware of?

Re: Heal points???

rotflmao

Comment

Welcome to Battlefield 2: the world of 7th graders who just got the game because their friends had it.

Comment

you get ONE point for healing THE WHOLE ENERGY one man has

Comment

The best place to get heal points:

1.the hotel nade spamming area
          if you're MEC ,you'll be spamming it in the alleys
          USMC will be between the mounted machine gun and the first fence
          people will be looking for med bags after they get hurt

2.Square spawn point(Both spawn points)

3.Train accident(USMC) or Gatehouse(MEC)
          you'll see a lot of guys with only 2 bars left since it is almost a sniper war

The best way is:spam med.packs in a combat areas and move with a combat squad ,get points from healing your squad and from spamming bags

Comment

Must work like that for engineer as well. I reckon it must take about 30 or 40 clicks with the spanner before a point comes up. So as a medic you've now got to finish the guy off first, then heal him.:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

try getting 25 like i did its a nightmare

Comment

being a good medic is like opening a lucrative business, its all about location location location. im always on the FMJ server (24x7 Karkand) usually avg 50+ points per round when medic, you just need to become familiar with the saturated areas and the like...

Comment

Like other said you have to heal 100% of health to get a point. Doesn't have to be a single person, you can heal 2 teammates for 50% each and you get a point. Also, you can only have 5 (I believe) medpacks on the ground at any time. If you throw the 6th one, the first will disappear.

10 heals IAR isn't that bad. Try to join a decent squad and you should be able to get it. Throw 2 packsby a flag where you spawn just in case and then the rest while you fight/move around the map.

25 IAR on the other hand, I'm just gonna statpad

Comment

Originally posted by John Edmo
                    I reckon it must take about 30 or 40 clicks with the spanner before a point comes up.

It only takes 1 click to fix anything in BF2, just dont let go of ur left mouse button.

Comment

Hey, If I got the Valorous Unit Ribbon (45 team points) off of Medpacks, than you can get more than 3 team points.

Comment

It's hard to get heal points because people die so fast you usually end up getting a revive, not a heal.

being a good medic is like opening a lucrative business, its all about location location location. im always on the FMJ server (24x7 Karkand) usually avg 50+ points per round when medic, you just need to become familiar with the saturated areas and the like...
                        And how much of that is revives and how much of that is heals? Revives are worthless for getting the first aid badge, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but whatever.

You really have to get pretty lucky to get a lot of heal points. People have to get hurt and not die then stay alive long enough for you to smack them in the face with a med pack or accidentally walk over a med pack you've placed somewhere.

edit: nm I checked your stats and in fact you don't even have veteran first aid yourself, so it's not all that simple

It seems that luck or stat padding are the only ways to get a lot of heal points.

Comment

I've got just under 350 hours on the Medic Kit and just under 2500 heals and I can tell you that 10 heals in a round is NOT easy, as in routine. Take a look at the end of round stats for the most heals and take note of how many times you see that number at 10 or higher. It's less than 10% of the time, if that. Revives are a different story. It is routine to see anywhere from 18 to 30 revives on a 64 player round of Karkand.

The best opportunity is any kind of seige scenario. Those typically take place at the Train Accident base on Karkand and at the TV Station on Sharqi. You can also typically get plenty of heals anywhere there are multiple snipers camping (Construction Site on Sharqi). If you have Special Forces, I find it to be a much more fertile ground for the Medic's healing skills...especially at places like the Palace on Warlord.

Finally, don't run after people that need to be healed. The fact that they are running away from you is a strong indicator they are NOT smart BF2 players and they're simply running to their death...no need to join them.

Comment

I once put down a med pack for a guy who was running STRAIGHT at me. He was almost dead and calling for a medic. He runs AROUND the med pack and continues to call for a medic.

I was so frustrated that I shot him and left him for dead.

Comment

Since I play medic a lot, I went through all the fustrations you are talking about.

Here is the deal: There are still a lot of people that have not turned English VO only on. After begging for ammo and health in times of need, that is what I have found.

Now, on the question of getting heal points, like someone said, "location, location, location." It also has to do with timing too, but I find it best to work on places where there is a lot of firefights, but also places of protection, like the bridge in Karkand. Sometimes, you don't get the full point, but the next 10th of a bar you fill on the next person will top you off for the heal point.

You are on the right track, looking at it harder, because it takes some practice to figure it out where to get the medic points.

I was talking trash to my friend the other day when we were talking about ranking up, and I told him, sure, I could get 70-80 points in a regular round ground-pounding. Then, I turn up in the same server he is on and proceed to pull in 94 points playing medic.

If you are not a pilot, medic is the next best way to getting gold. Just spam flag areas that are under heavy assault.

Comment

Working...
                              X