Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats up with flares

ok first lemme tell u that I know how to use them and when

so I hear the beeping sound and I release the flares, I get shot right after that

it happends ALOT, the missiles go through my flares

its not like Im droping them too early or too late, does anyone else get this?

never had this problem before especially when dodging jets(while in chopper)

I can tell that they dont work because when I release them they stay up for a couple of seconds but I still get shot while they are up there

Re: whats up with flares

It is effective imo to release flares and then turn away from them. Dont sit behind them because all you are really doing is increasing your heat source
    and making the missles MORE effective.

Comment

The Best Way ANY AA gun can kill a jet is to trick it.
      They Wait until you relance your flares and then hit you with the AA.
      That's how I and most people do it

Comment

Noooo... I know what he means. Often times, I've been flying the J-10, and I've fired at another plane and the missile went right through the flares and hit the plane. Good for me, but it's troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
          It is effective imo to release flares and then turn away from them. Dont sit behind them because all you are really doing is increasing your heat source
          oh no Im running like a mofo man, i aint just waiting there, even if I was they should still work

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
          The Best Way ANY AA gun can kill a jet is to trick it.
          They Wait until you relance your flares and then hit you with the AA.
          That's how I and most people do it
          I know but I get hit while my flares are up in the air

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
            oh no Im running like a mofo man, i aint just waiting there, even if I was they should still work

I know but I get hit while my flares are up in the air
            WTF! That sucks

Comment

OHHH are you talking about JETS? I thought you said choppers.

K Jets, turn INTO the missle and flare out JUST as the missles come on your rear. 100% efficiency.

btw, nothing is wrong with flares choose a less accusatory thread title next time lol

Comment

I noticed flares in the chopper vs AA are useless. This is mainly when I'm close and trying to attack stationary AA. They turn, lock and I release flares while attempting to light 'em up. I get hit everytime, whether it's just 1 or both missiles. It's a bummer but I get them in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                  Exactly

Comment

If you are accurate (in the plain), its not too hard to lock on to the plane, and not the flares. You need to fly slow, and steady though.

I can shoot right through flares if I am lucky, and flying good. but if yoyu studder, it will lock on to the flares.

I think the flares need to work better. I agree with orginal poster.

Comment

The whole purpose of the flares is to bait the missile and create as much distance between flares and you as possible as the next maneuver.

Comment

Omg I Cant Take This Anymore, I Get Shot Every Single Time, Flares Dont Work 90% Of The Time, Missiles Go Through Them All The Time And Its ****ing Anoying The Hell Out Of Me

Yes I Am Doing It Right

Comment

Why do people immediate release the flares when a beep is heard.. I always watch behind me when and if there are missiles if not save the flares you'll have to wait 30 Secs. for them so use them wisely..

It may look stupid what said above but a lot of people don't use it..

Comment

As an avid AA gunner I can tell you that a lot of guys make the mistake of not knowing where the AA position are. They drop their flares and instead of buggin out, they turn right back into my sights. And if you are traveling left to right or right to left, you can actually outrun your flares pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                              Omg I Cant Take This Anymore, I Get Shot Every Single Time, Flares Dont Work 90% Of The Time, Missiles Go Through Them All The Time And Its ****ing Anoying The Hell Out Of Me

Yes I Am Doing It Right
                              no you arent. if they are hitting you like that you arent doing it right. take my advice and it will work 90% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X