My whole net just disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My whole net just disconnects

I have had this a while now. its nothing to do with Bf2.
    What happens is that i conect to the net and after a while at any random point it disconnects. I have had this problem with AOL and now the net provider ime with talktalk.
    This is really annoying me now as if its not for the ctds by the patch its the net disconnecting.
    It is nothing to do with my comp specs becuz it happend on the laptop aswell.
    Does anyone no how to fix this cuz the technicions wont have a clue becuz i fixed the last problem i had and they had no clue.
    So anyone have an idea of whats causing this?

Re: My whole net just disconnects

do u have dsl filter boxes on all of ur phone sockets?
    a friend of mine hadnt put a filter box on his phone so every timehe had a call it dissconnected him.

Comment

I have that exact same problem, I'll just get disconnected for about 1 to 5 seconds, even when I'm not even online, It's completely random, and so far I have found no fix, I have a DSL filter on my phone jack and a USB Adapter that I connect with. I've tried SBC, DELL(my current computer) nothing...

Comment

Do you use a router? And if so, what model?

Comment

DSL filters are on all of the phone sockets and i do not have a router.

Comment

Try switching out your NIC (network interface card) for a diff one and see if that helps. DSL you say also ask DSL Company and phone company. This is another reason why I never use DSL!

Comment

Try switching out your NIC (network interface card) for a diff one and see if that helps. DSL you say also ask DSL Company and phone company. This is another reason why I never use DSL!
              Dont think i have one.

ASK TALKTALK. UR out of ur mind. They dont no nothing. I had to work out the last problem we had cuz the technicions didnt no what it was. even the higher technicion.

Comment

i have a 1000sw DSL router from sbc with an ethernet connection to my laptop, then in the other room i have a 2wire phone filter on the phone jack, and a usb adapter connected to my computer.

Comment

are you running any bit torrents those seem to reset my connections

Comment

no, aint running no bit torrents.

Comment

You all have NIC's unless it is built into your motherboard. It is where you connect the RJ-45 plug (W/ cat5). The NIC is a card (PCI) in your tower etc it is where your broadband connects. If you do not have one then you have it built into your MB and need to purchase a card and try that. Point is you all have it.

Comment

try login on to your cable modem http://192.168.100.1/

I presume ur on Broadband?

& change the Upstream Channel ID to another number.

I used to get disconnected all the time, my problem was the number was to high, so i placed it at '4'

Comment

try login on to your cable modem http://192.168.100.1/

I presume ur on Broadband?

& change the Upstream Channel ID to another number.

I used to get disconnected all the time, my problem was the number was to high, so i placed it at '4'
                          Link dont work or do i have to find the number. if so how do i find the numbers whats in the link?

Comment

Depends on the brand of router or modem. Use google and find out.

Comment

he's on dsl.. that ip is for a cable modem that won't work.. Ask your isp how to access your modem's diagnostics. It should be an ip similar but not that one.. I really doubt this is your problem but it could be..Modems do go out. But I work for cable company not phone so i'm no expert on dsl. good reason to get cable though and who better than Charter communications.. :P j/k..

Comment

Working...
                              X