ati radeon 9800 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati radeon 9800 pro

i have this card with the 123mb specs however, at say 3 rounds into karkand , the computer freezes. Also this happens after this first round on some maps, i e warlord and dragon valley. Im pretty sure it is the card, so does anyone else have this problem.? has anyone got this card and the game does not freeze sometimes?. Any input from users of this card would be appreciated

specs

--------------------------------------------

1024mb ram
    amd athlon 3500
    80gb hard drive
    ati radeon 9800 pro 128mb g- card
    hercules sound card

Re: ati radeon 9800 pro

AND Athlon 6500? Since when is there one of those?

What is the cooling like on your graphics and processor? Does it get extremely hot? That may be your problem. Are your drivers also up to date?

I can run BF2 fine on medium settings 1280x1024 with my Radeon 9600XT.

Comment

a ha ha ha ha

amd athlon 3500 :laugh:

anyhoo, its got a fan on it, and i got the latest drivers,

temperature wise though, i dont know however, ill need to check that out.

All my temerature sensors indicate i got temps at 36-42c which i know is normal but i need to see

Comment

Make sure the fan on the card hasn't failed.

Comment

Even if it hasn't failed completely, depending on how long you've had it, the fan may be clogged. In my experience with the 9xxx series of radeon cards, they have tiny fans that are very susceptible to getting clogged by dust, and can even stop spinning entirely because of it. I put an aftermarket cooler on my 9600 because even that would get hot. The bigger heatsink on the 9800pro helps, but I don't think it's really quite up to the task.

Take the side panel off the case, fire up the computer, check the fan. If it's not working, turn off the computer right away. While it's off, hold the fan in place to stop it from spinning, and give it a shot of compressed air (you can pick up a can for a couple bucks in an office store usually). Even if your fan hasn't stopped, this would still be a good idea. Just the build up of dirt on the fan and it's housing may be enough to overheat your card.

Comment

Working...
          X