Infantry: Support > Medic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry: Support > Medic??

OK OK OK, i admit i'm a combat medic but don't abandon my duties of healing and reviving. However, being a combat medic, i kill a lot, and get killed a lot. one of my hardest victims are good support players at relatively long distance engagements. now i know my aim isn't PERFECT but it ain't bad. 70% of the time though i end up losing to these support players even though i lay down a good first couple shots on them and booom, the moment they shoot, i'm dead. is it me or what?!?! i know the support class has armor but i dont thnk it makes that big of a difference. any ideas?

Re: Infantry: Support > Medic??

Originally posted by matasho
    OK OK OK, i admit i'm a combat medic but don't abandon my duties of healing and reviving. However, being a combat medic, i kill a lot, and get killed a lot. one of my hardest victims are good support players at relatively long distance engagements. now i know my aim isn't PERFECT but it ain't bad. 70% of the time though i end up losing to these support players even though i lay down a good first couple shots on them and booom, the moment they shoot, i'm dead. is it me or what?!?! i know the support class has armor but i dont thnk it makes that big of a difference. any ideas?
    DO NOT engage in a prone war w/ a support player, you will lose unless you are sniper, or assualt

@ long range support must be prone for accuracy, position yourself where they have to stand up, & reposition to shoot @ you

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

it's hard to tell when they're far away what class they are =(

Comment

single shot G36E

Comment

it's hard to tell when they're far away what class they are =(
          I can tell the sound of a PKM anywhere (not sure about the others), & if he is prone, I will jump up out of his line of sight, & make him reposition to get another shot on me

peace

Comment

Thanks SERIALBUTCHER for valuable tips. But what about close quarter, face to face engadements? They usually do instaprone and I jump over then and shoot. Any better tactics?

Comment

Keep the support guy moving and on his feet and you shouldn't have any trouble with him. It wouldn't hurt to leave a med pack nearby you can jump on if needed.

Comment

no, no, cantina_fly, I'm talking about situations when you dont have time to throw medpack or possibility to make any fancy avoiding moves. Just ~0.5 sec to decide and act. What it would be? jump? prone? crouch? strafe? anything else?

Comment

Prone and shoot at his face

Comment

Originally posted by wjp1
                    Thanks SERIALBUTCHER for valuable tips. But what about close quarter, face to face engadements? They usually do instaprone and I jump over then and shoot. Any better tactics?
                    As a guy that plays support a lot, I due get annoyed when ppl due that, there is really no solution for the support player because all the support guns SUCK when you are standing up

I was 10ft. away from a guy who didn't even know I was there, but I was looking over a short wall, w/ the saw & shot of 50 rounds @ this guy, & he never new I was there, finally got him w/ a 'nade

peace

Comment

IT's about nice cover and nice single shot actions

first this single shot and finishing move is burst mode

Comment

well, they are supposed to bring more of a delay to fire when going prone, so it may help stop that instant prone first shot kill thing

Comment

Originally posted by wjp1
                          Support, and many other classes tend to go straight to prone in a close quarter engagement.

I find the best way to combat this is to side step them - basically circle them, while firing down on them, you should be able to out-circle them and win that battle most of the time. As someone else mentioned, getting into a prone-battle with a support player usually = death.

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
                            well, they are supposed to bring more of a delay to fire when going prone, so it may help stop that instant prone first shot kill thing
                            I hope so.. If they do, Volx will loose his 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                              Support, and many other classes tend to go straight to prone in a close quarter engagement.

I find the best way to combat this is to side step them - basically circle them, while firing down on them, you should be able to out-circle them and win that battle most of the time. As someone else mentioned, getting into a prone-battle with a support player usually = death.
                              Yeah I also prefer staying on my feet for any type of close-quarters fight. Either way, the G36E outdamages every other gun in the game, so if you shoot first, you should win. As for longer range, that insta-prone first shot is a doozy, I wouldn't engage a support player at range. Throw a grenade or gtfo of there.

Comment

Working...
                              X