Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are modified Punkbuster settings saved forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are modified Punkbuster settings saved forever?

I have seen this tip in a number of places (see below) but can anyone tell me do I need to do this once and then I can sleep in peace knowing it will work this way for all future games for months to come or do I need to do it each time I go into BF2 or do I need to do it every round of every game??

Cheers guys

============================

Step 1: Join any BF2 online server that is running punkbuster, preferably a ranked one.
    Step 2: Once you are in, and respawned somewhere, press the ` key. This key is located on most keyboards above the tab key and to the left of the 1 key
    Step 3: Once you have pressed this, a large white box should drop down with a load of text in it. Type “pb_sleep 500” (without the quotation marks) and hit the enter key
    Step 4: Once you have done this, make sure the box is still up and type pb_writecfg to save your settings

Re: Are modified Punkbuster settings saved forever?

This should save it to a config file in the 'pb' folder of your BF2 install. It should stay in effect as long as bf2 is installed, or you can just delete the file yourself if you want.

Comment

Re: Are modified Punkbuster settings saved forever?

Thanks for reminder...great tip even in question form?! :laugh:

Anyway I will give it a run this weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X