Another weapon unlocks thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another weapon unlocks thread...

I have searched the forums and have found no answer before I get flamed for posting a question that people have asked already, but...

I just bought SF the other day and I was given 3 unlocks when i played a few rounds. I upgraded to the tier 1 sniper, the f2000, and the tier 2 medic weapon. I have the ability to choose the tier 1 sniper rifle in battle, but can't pick the f2000 or the tier 2 medic (i think the g36e). So, I only have 4 weapons unlocked and they are all the ones available in the vanilla version. Whats the deal?

Re: Another weapon unlocks thread...

I may be wrong but I beleive that you have to unlock the tier 1 weapon before you can unlock the tier 2. Ex: G3 assualt kit has to be unlocked before you can use the F2000. If I am wrong I am sorry but this is my understanding of it.

And if you mean SF you only have one unlock available to you per kit. Vanilla allows you to use both unlocks in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by badge353
      I may be wrong but I beleive that you have to unlock the tier 1 weapon before you can unlock the tier 2. Ex: G3 assualt kit has to be unlocked before you can use the F2000. If I am wrong I am sorry but this is my understanding of it.

And if you mean SF you only have one unlock available to you per kit. Vanilla allows you to use both unlocks in the game.

Yes, I already had the g3 unlocked in the assault kit and then unlocked the f2000. While playing SF I can only choose betweeen the default weapon or the g3. the f2000 doesnt show up.

Comment

ZaO it won't show up..You can only use one unlocked weapon in SF....I love the G36e but in SF can only use it when SAS. the second tier unlocks are only available if you have SF and can be used only in Vanilla BF2. If you look the Tier 2 weapons are the standard issue SAS weapons.

Comment

Is this another thread about how you can't use SF unlocks in SF. If the sniper is the M95 you can use it. You can only use the F2000 as SAS. You can't use your 3rd or SF unlock in SF. But some of the armies do have them like the SAS also has the G36E. Seals have SCARL.

Comment

you have to be on regular bf2 to use the sf unlocks

Comment

yea, it's pretty gay you can't use all unlocks in SF

Comment

well i guess u cant use your 2nd unlocks because of some problenm happenes to me thats why i say sf is a waste of money but i have to say the unlocks are great

Comment

Originally posted by fotrsaken
                  well i guess u cant use your 2nd unlocks because of some problenm happenes to me thats why i say sf is a waste of money but i have to say the unlocks are great
                  SF def isnt a waste of money. If it werent for the expansion I would have never started playing again. Vanilla if fun every once in a while but Warlord is incredible.

Comment

i hate this! i want to use l96a1 in sf but i cant use my second unlocks.

Comment

In regular BF2 you have your base weapons plus 2 unlocks.

In SF, you have your base weapons and 1 unlock.

That is just the way it is.

Comment

yeah i have seen that too some of the guns it will only let me use as certain armies and others it won't and some of them skip the first unlock and go straight to the second even though i haven't unlocked it and some of them just start at the second unlock and it is very messed up and i stopped carrying after a few rounds but yeah i have noticed that

Comment

Hey i am new to this forum so be kind I am thinking of buying SF and already have 2 unlocks in BF2, when i buy SF what happens to all my weapons on BF2 do they all get unlocked and i start to unlock the SF weapons as i progress in rank or can i only still unlock 7 of the weapons and have to choose bewtween them? And what is this about you cant use your SF weapons in SF, you cxan only use your BF2 unlocks?

It would be helpful if someone just gave me the complete answer and not little bits and pieces of it, thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                            In regular BF2 you have your base weapons plus 2 unlocks.

In SF, you have your base weapons and 1 unlock.

That is just the way it is.
                            There is you answer Eliminator. The SF unlocks are your base weapons in SF and upgrades in vanilla. (depending on which team you are on)

Don't feel bad though I didnt figure this out until talking to people and cleaing up the confusion. Pretty obvious, since I started this thread... lol.

Comment

Yea i get all that sorta But what i am asking is when you buy SF do you get any unlocks to start off with? And also when you unlock a weapon from you ordinary BF2 weapons do you get the SF upgrade aswell for that suit eg. get to unlock a gun and do so for sniper and then get the SF sniper unlock aswell.

Well i just bought SF and now have to sit and wait for the BF2 1.3 patch to download because it patched it as you said back to 1.1. I should hopefully be able to answer my own questions now

Comment

Working...
                              X