Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I tell what server I am on mid-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell what server I am on mid-game?

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to tell what server you are on when you are in the middle of a game?

There have been a few times when I have had a great game and want to add the server to my favourites but cant remember what it was called as I just picked the one with the best ping.

Cheers, Ian

Re: How can I tell what server I am on mid-game?

In game press the tab key, this brings up the score board, whilst holding down tab press the right mosue button so that you can use the mouse within the menu. At the top of the screen you'll see a drop down box called 'server info'. Just click on this.

Comment

you can even add said server to your favorites from that menu....

Comment

Nice one. I will give it a go.

Cheers

Comment

Although, half of the time, this menu shows absolutely.. nothing.

If you want to see the server IP and port - and make sure it's the real server IP and port, get a G15 with the BF2 LCD app..

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod
            In game press the tab key, this brings up the score board, whilst holding down tab press the right mosue button so that you can use the mouse within the menu. At the top of the screen you'll see a drop down box called 'server info'. Just click on this.
            This doesnt work at least for 50% of the servers and never shows the port. I normally press alt+tab, go to bf2s and check where i am.

Comment

Originally posted by biogas
              This doesnt work at least for 50% of the servers and never shows the port. I normally press alt+tab, go to bf2s and check where i am.
              Yeah, I have done this before but on my PC it usually means sitting and waiting forever with hard-disk activity whilst the desktop loads up and then the same again to switch back to BF2 by which time the round has ended!

Comment

Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
                Although, half of the time, this menu shows absolutely.. nothing.
                argggggggggggggh ; ; ; ;; agree

that is why we scroll our IP on in game screen for our visitors

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                  you can even add said server to your favorites from that menu....
                  Nice one Misfit...I could never figure out how to add a good server to my favorites till it was too late! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X