Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choppy chopper lag on Mass Destruction, and ONLY Mass Destruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppy chopper lag on Mass Destruction, and ONLY Mass Destruction?

I fly on Ghost Town a fair amount and never have any problems, I fly on Wake, Sharqi, Oman, all the Armored Fury maps and never have a problem... but yesterday, I flew the chopper on Mass Destruction and was chug-chug-chugging like I had 128MB of RAM and my computer couldnt keep up...

Anybody else get this on one specific map? It was really strange.

Re: Choppy chopper lag on Mass Destruction, and ONLY Mass Destruction?

The fog in this map for distance causes more video trauma for people. Most of the skilled pilots I talk with have issues on a good day with this map. On a bad day, they stay out of the pilot seat specifically on this map.

Comment

Yeah it's definetly the fog stuff. That stuff is great though balances out the map. The choppers can barely see when they go high and have to stick lower where they are more vulmberable to AA.

Comment

Great, at least I'm not alone. Glad the problem is with the map and not my machine.

Thx for the replies.

Comment

The only map in SF that is unplayable for me is Warlord - Odd...

Comment

I am unable to pilot ANY of the attack choppers in SF...I get MASSIVE lag. Even after a complete system upgrade. If I switch to copilot seat, lag goes away.

It's a bug.

Comment

I have difficulty flying in Mass and Surge, but not all of the time. Sometimes it is smooth as hell, and then the next time it is like a slide show.

Its not spyware, its not viruses, it may be connection related, but when I have the problem and quit out of the game, I can still get my max upload and download testing at speakeasy.net.

I have even quit out of BF2, then reloaded it and sometimes it fixes the flying, sometimes not.

Currently I am on a cox cable connection.

Last year I was on a fiber connection (100mbps connections) to three different backend providers and I still had problems with some maps.

I have 2GB of matched dual channel ram, 550w Antec PS, ATi x800xl 256mb vid card, etc. I think its just the bad coding in bf2. It does not seem to manage its memory very well and sometimes while loading a new map, it seems to corrupt is own memory.

Comment

nice stats cigar

Comment

I just tested this out again today...I lag when piloting all attack choppers on all special forces maps I tried.

Comment

I get severe lag in the Hind making it totally unplayable. I also get moderate lag in the Apache put just about playable. It is a severely annoying bug.

Comment

There aren't any v1.4 beta SF servers are there...

I'd love to see if the bug is still present in v1.4's current iteration so we can bring it to their attention...AGAIN.

Comment

ya its definately a bug. I get the bad lag sometimes, but not all the time on those maps.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

i get tons of chunkage when i try to fly on that map, normaly im fairly skilled in a helecopter but on that map its like watching a bat on crack try to bite its own ***.

Comment

it happened to me before but the lag dosent stop me from flying anymore its the dammend fog that i cant see

Comment

Working...
                            X