Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Cool Spots - 1 BF2 Vanilla (Songhua) - 2 BF2: SF (Ghost Town) (56K!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Cool Spots - 1 BF2 Vanilla (Songhua) - 2 BF2: SF (Ghost Town) (56K!!)

I've recently found a few spots which could prove useful, since I've seen no, to very, very few people using them.

Instead of keeping them all to myself, I figure I'll share them with the great community here at TotalBF2.com.

To help illustrate, and make these spots easier to find, I've compiled a bunch of images. So, if you're on 56K, or just have a slow connection, I apologise.

First we have Songhua Stalemate.

Go to the centre flag (North Island)

The location on the map is pictured below, to any confusion

On the hilly area to your North, you will see a bunker..

Weave your way between the trees..

..and park your vehicle beside the bunker.

Jump on the vehicle, then to the top of the bunker, like so.

From here you have a great view of people coming in, and going out of the North Island flag.

You also have sufficient cover provided by concrete barriers.

And you have the ability to cover the North Island flag.

You can also view anybody entering the bunker from a hole in the top (be careful not to fall through!).

Moving on, we have our next two spots. Both of these spots are on the Special Forces map Ghost Town, and, both of these locations require the grappling hook (included with the Assault and AT kit) to be accessed.

First, head to the Convoy (the centre flag on the map)

Again, the location on the map to avoid any confusion.

Head to the other side of the burning APC (and the flag) - just before you pass under the archway.

Now look up, and you should see some ventilation (?) pipes.

Use your grappling hook to get up there, like so.

The view from up here is pretty nice, although seeing through the smoke can be tough, and one side of the flag is not visible (grenades are always an option)

Our next spot is not so much a spot, as much as it is a way to get rid of a pesky Sniper who takes residence on top of the hotel.

First, face the hotel..

Now, head towards the alley beside the hotel.

Use your grappling hook to climb the adjacent building.

(there is also a ladder to the same rooftop only a few feet away - if you feel like using that, feel free)

Once you're up, you should see this..

Use your grappling hook again..

To get up to another rook which should look like this.

Use your grappling hook again.

Now, face the hotel.

And throw your grappling hook to the top - it will take full power and some good aim, but it is still fairly easy.

This is the hardest part - but still easy. Sprint, and jump towards the side of the hotel - hit 'e' to make sure you grab the grappling hook..

..and simply make your way to the top.

Ta da!

It's pretty much the only way to get to a Sniper who has placed a claymore at the top of the hotel.

Enjoy

(Sorry for the long post)

Re: 3 Cool Spots - 1 BF2 Vanilla (Songhua) - 2 BF2: SF (Ghost Town) (56K!!)

This was pretty nice.

Now if I can find a server that has Zatar... actually I think I have one close by, but it's like every 6th map or something.

Comment

For your third one, I'd actually recommend placing your last grapple a little to the left so it is hidden by the stairs on the top - if you don't you might find yourself looking at a claymore when you get to the top of your climb.

You can also take the fire escape up the ladder on the building behind the hotel and throw your grapple on the roof from there.

Comment

Nice spots, thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for that. I think I'll use the Ghost Town one sometime to get rid of the hotel snipers. it's not that they are hard to anti snipe or anything from another building or even the ground it's just when one is gone another one takes his place and there are about 5 of them up there at once.

Comment

I've used that tactic (grappling up to the hotel roof when some bugger has placed a claymore at the top of the ladder) and it's pretty effective, since most people are completely oblivious to the fact that people can reach them without using the ladder.

Like Rafterman said, there is a small square like structure at the top (to the right of where I threw my grappling hook in the picture provided) of the hotel, which you cna use to hide your ascent.

Comment

Nice post, but who has 56K and plays this game?

Comment

Tried the ghost town hotel one today. But oddly there were no snipers there. Just used supply crate and a bunch of claymores. I sniped with my AK-101 on single shot and got a few kills though and didn't get blown up by claymores coming up the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by offgreen
                  Nice post, but who has 56K and plays this game?
                  Good point :laugh:!

Comment

i cant see the imgage it says:

this image or video
                    has been
                    moved or deleted

Comment

same here all images removed.

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Working...
                        X