1.3 Patch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 Patch Problem

Well i have the CTD problem and have done various things to stop it and i can play it for a while but not very long (probably only 20mins or not even) and i need to the patch i can install the patch fine but after i install it, i restart and click battlefield and itll come up and close before it shows the login screen, can anyone help me, and by the way its the FULL 1.3 Patch

It like instantly crashes does anyone else have the problem?

Re: 1.3 Patch Problem

What are your specs and does the game run fine before patching.

Comment

my pc specs are:

3.1 GHz (over clocked) reg is 3.0

Windows XP Pro

6800 GT

1024MB RAM (probably more sence i used system mechanic and did some kind of cleanup

it crashed before this but i can play longer then when i installed it which was 10 mins but now i can play it for a bout 30... but im thinking after i put the patch in it'll run fine because ive done just about everything ive seen to do, to help it not crash.(random CTD's)

Comment

OK, first off maybe try running your CPU as standard, you could be putting strain on your power supply that isnt necessary.

How long have you had the game for? Like has it ever worked well for extended periods?

There are a heap of things that could be causing your issue, from viruses, needing a degfrag, to too many applications running in the background.

Comment

well ive had the game for about 2 days.. and ive defragged and i close every application down that i dont need... ive found this in a diff thread but does this work?..

"Pull all of your system memory sticks out except for 1. Install the patch and then put the other stick(s) back in. It's the only thing that worked for me.. I've posted it before."

but my problem wasnt that it failed to install but that battlefield closes instantly after i install it.. not sure if thats the same type of issue.

Comment

Very hard to say, my guess is the game really doesnt like a particular peice of hardware in your system, OR you have a serious problem in Windows of either data corruption or memory leakage. What is your actuall memory configuration?

If your RAM is of mixed sizes, brands, or speed, this could cause the issue (I've experienced it myself). I would try leaving one 512MB stick in there (if you have a 512MB stick) and running the game, just to see if it runs, that way you can eliminate it being a RAM issue.

Comment

well bf2 runs fine but, are you saying for the patch? because im not sure why it "instantly" crashes when i run it, thats only if i install the 1.3 patch it crashes instantly

Comment

Ah. So if you run the game before installing the patch it runs fine?

Then I suggest you redownload the patch from another source, do a manual uninstall of BF2 and reinstall the game and patch.

Comment

well the source was from EA.. and ive tryed with strategy informer as well so where else from another source could i find it at. Ill try it but, does this work if the patch works but crashes it? ---->Pull all of your system memory sticks out except for 1. Install the patch and then put the other stick(s) back in. It's the only thing that worked for me.. I've posted it before.

well i have a CTD problem even if i dont install the patch.. so kinda lose lose situation, unless the 1.3 patch clears that up because ive defragged and gotten more RAM, updated the drivers from the soundcard, video card, closing all aplications down (or the ones i dont need, theres only like 3 running..)

Comment

If the game wont work without patching, then theres something serious happening. 1.3 works worse for most people than the 1.0 version, which is why I suggested trying BF2 without any patches.

The tip with the install and RAM seems a bit silly, you could try it, but I dont think thats going to clear anything up. I would try using just one stick of RAM and loading the game up, and you might also want to run a diagnostic check on your hard drive as well, BF2 is taxing on prettymuch every part of your system.

The other thing I can think of is an issue with your PC's power supply as it puts a lot of load on your system when running the game. What is your powersupplies wattage rating and is it a known brand?

Comment

lol not sure abotu the powersupplies wattage rating, and the brand :S you know how i could check and see

Comment

Open your case, the wattage rating and brand should be written right on the side of the power supply (the thing that all the power cables run in and out of)

Comment

lol wait what case? my computer is like built from various parts ... i have a box for most of my stuff but not sure all of the parts..

Comment

Case. As in what are your parts are enclosed in. As in, open the side of your computer.

Comment

Working...
                            X