Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is getting to the point where I'm gonna throw this game in the GARBAGE! Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is getting to the point where I'm gonna throw this game in the GARBAGE! Help.

Ok, this game is officially killing me. I have owned it since day one, and I love to play it when it is working good. It is the best shooter ever (sometimes) in my book. Anyway, ever since this dumb *** 1.3 patch, I lose my connection to the server that I am playing in atlease 3-4 times during a period of 3 hours. It sucks, but I have lived with it all.....the disconnections, the lag, the chop, "There is a problem with your connection" with my 25 ping. fine. But now I have a new problem. I just did a reformat of my computer. I re-installed BF2, then updated it. It was playing better than ever for a week. still had the disconnecting problem, but I am used to that now. One night, I got banned from some ******** server (I got to many kills it seems......) and when I tried to enter the server again....my game crashed to desktop. Oh well, I thought this might be what happens when you get banned. I had never been banned before. So I tried to enter another server....same thing. Crash to desktop as soon as I push "join server". Ever since then, I have this problem. Some servers I can get on with no problem. I can join 5 times in a row. No problem. But some other servers crash my game right when I try to join. I don't get it. Some server = ok, some servers = crash to desktop (including my CLANS server). So last night, I tried to enter my Clans server 10 times in a row, and 10 times in a row the game crashed. I tried for a half an hour to get in, no dice. So I entered another server (just fine) and 5 minutes after I got into the game, I got disconnected from the server!!!!!!!!!! I will say this. **** this game. This game is like a HOTT *** lousy woman. It looks great, it's fun to play with, but it gives you nothing but **** after you fall in love with it to the point where you can't barely play it anymore. Any suggestions???? I'm about to say screw it all together and just play another game.

Re: It is getting to the point where I'm gonna throw this game in the GARBAGE! Help.

Reinstall 1.3 full patch.

Try manual update of punkbuster

Best of luck

Comment

Re: It is getting to the point where I'm gonna throw this game in the GARBAGE! Help.

Sorry. Your post is just too much of a mess to bother reading. A forum search will probably solve your problems, if you're capable.

Dear lord may the computer age refraim from producing scores of youngsters unable to deal with basic punctuation, sentence structures and paragraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
        Sorry. Your post is just too much of a mess to bother reading. A forum search will probably solve your problems, if you're capable.

Dear lord may the computer age refraim from producing scores of youngsters unable to deal with basic punctuation, sentence structures and paragraphs.
        jesus man. What are you an English teacher? This is a forum not a mid term. If you didn't have any advice then it would have been nice if you would have just shut up. Thanks for the bump though, a$$ hat. I mean seriously, I am a grown man and I am sick of these pecker heads that just bump into peoples threads and say "hey ya know there is a search button", and "your grammar is bad...". Blow me. I know there is a fuggin search button. I think that you are just too ignorant to assume that I didn't. This area is for the purpose of helping people with their technical problems. If you don't want to help, or answer questions, then I don't know why you joined a "message board" in the first place. May you get a virus or something very bad like that.

Comment

Well, If you're expecting help, at least make it something that people find easy to read and understand. To me (and probably a lot of people), your post looked like a rambling mass of words, without any form of cohesion, which I could not bother to read. List stuff in points and refraim from just ranting. You also havent listed your specs.

I help loads of people on this site (check my history) and am happy to. If you did a bit of reading, you would find your issues with BF2 to be rather commonplace, heavily documented, and with a plethora of different possible solutions to try.

YOU are actually the worst kind of forum member, that is, one who only hops on when they need something, not to discuss or contribute. Your only contribution to the BF2 forums has been moaning calls for help, and one other which consists of berating me.

Now, without further adeiu and without knowing your system specs, here is what you can try to fix your problem (in order of elimination) as you are obviously unable to do a forum or google search, or use EA's support section:
          -Virus scan
          -Adware scan
          -Start menu ---> Run ----> msconfig, then unclick anything running in startup thats not critical
          -ctrl alt delete and stop anything not critical
          -disable virus scanning while playing
          -run a manual punkbuster update
          -manually uninstall BF2
          -reinstall BF2 and freshly downloaded patch
          -reinstall windows
          -run complete diagnostics check on PC
          -check PSU is not overloaded

Now run off, do a bit of work yourself, and see how you get on.

Comment

ughh can i ask one question from your form of helpful list. The Patch installs fine but i cant play after i insall it ive tryed this about 4 times, its the FULL patch also it instantly starts and closes..

Comment

See your other thread about this, I need your specs and whether the game will run properly before you patch it.

Comment

I have a cable modem, which connects "teh internet" to this router:

The router goes out to my desktop, printer, my VOIP phone, and also sends out the airborne rangers (electron division) so wifey can chat with the gals from on her wireless lappy (her 'puter, not her "actual" lappy, mind you, though that might be interesting...meh...err...nevermind).

If you don't need wireless, you can pick up a decent router at office depot for $15-$20 that will let you set up a local network.

Comment

Working...
                X