X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 quits and brings me back to desktop without any reason

Hello,

Recently I was having a very annoying problem:
    BF2 suddenly quits and brings me back to desktop. Sometimes this happens 2 minutes after I enter the game and sometimes it takes an hour. It happens not only during a game but also while I am in the menu and sometimes even before I log in.
    This happens without any appearent reason, and I also dont get any error message after I am getting kicked back to my desktop.

My specs are: CPU 2.0 GHZ (I over-clock it to 2.2 GHZ),
    GeForce 6600GT
    RAM: 1024MB

I was playing this game for a year, and I didnt have any serius problems.

I have the 1.3 patch installed.

Please answer fast, thank you.

Re: BF2 quits and brings me back to desktop without any reason

Try for 2GB of ram. Look at this guide regarding priortizing and optimizing your system for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
      Try for 2GB of ram. Look at this guide regarding priortizing and optimizing your system for BF2.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/hardware1.html
      But I didnt have this problem for a year, and I had 1GB of ram back then as well. It happened just recently. Also, It happens while I am still in the menu, so I dont think it is the RAM.
      Thanks anyway though.

Comment

Have you recently updated your graphics drivers? If so revert back to an older driver to see if you get some stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
          Have you recently updated your graphics drivers? If so revert back to an older driver to see if you get some stability.
          No its not the drivers... I updated them a long time ago. Also The fact that it happens when I am in the menu shows that is probably not the drivers. I beileve it started happening after the 1.3 patch, but I am not sure. Also right now I played for 3-4 hours and I didnt have the problem (For example: sometimes it happens 5 seconds after I enter the menu), but I am sure it will happen soon.

Comment

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I tried playing after original install and no problemo. Then installed patch 1.3 and BLAMO it doesn't work anymore. I submitted a ticket to EA, I'll see what they say.

I've seen so far people claiming that taking out there Memory one stick at a time and then reinstalling worked. That sounds full of it to me... Also heard from my friend to go back to 1.2. That most servers aren't even using 1.3 because of instability issues. I don't even get instability with 1.3 i GET NOTHING.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

it is the 1.3 patch its the cause of most problems and looks like that 1.4 won be out anytime soon as Dice wont comment *shock*

Comment

Well, I guess it is the 1.3 patch then.
                I will have to wait for the 1.4 to get out, and hopefully the problem will be solved.

mako78, you said that you submitted a ticket to EA, can you please send me a private message with what they will answer you? thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL1
                  No its not the drivers... I updated them a long time ago. Also The fact that it happens when I am in the menu shows that is probably not the drivers. I beileve it started happening after the 1.3 patch, but I am not sure. Also right now I played for 3-4 hours and I didnt have the problem (For example: sometimes it happens 5 seconds after I enter the menu), but I am sure it will happen soon.
                  what do u mean by updated the drivers a long time ago that might be your problem or its the 1.3 patch

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                    what do u mean by updated the drivers a long time ago that might be your problem or its the 1.3 patch
                    Well, It might be the drivers, But I do think they are updated. The problem is that the game quits not only during gameplay but also in the menu. And the menu doesnt need updated drivers.

Comment

like i said and out dated driver will do the most craziest things

Comment

It ****ing 1.3 that screwed things up.

Comment

Working...
                        X