Vehicle Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Drops

Just some quick tricks I learned with the relatively new vehicle drops.

There are some other uses for vehicle drops when you are commander other than taking out snipers and providing transportation for your teamates.

- If you see an enemy vehicle coming toward any of your teamate's locations, drop a car ahead of its path. Try dropping the car on narrow streets or bridges so that it makes it impossible to go around. The extra little time that it takes for that tank to push through or go around the car can earn you a flag or save your teamates from dying.

- If you call in arti and an enemy vehicle suddenly shows up in that location, chances are it will flee as soon as it hears the arti. Drop a car behind it to prevent the enemy vehicle from fleeing when the arti starts falling. This also helps because if the car blows up, you get more damage all around.

- If you notice that the other commander is dropping supplies to repair his equipment, drop a car on top of the crate to break it.

- If you do a scan and see a red blip hiding in some bush in a far off corner of the map, drop a car on him. That's the other commander, and it's fun as hell to piss him off.

That's all for now. I don't consider myself an expert or anything, but I think these may be some new ideas for some people.

Re: Vehicle Drops

Another new classic, if you drop a car properly on enemy arty emplacements it'll jiggle on top of it for a minute and then destroy it. This seems to take a bit of skill but I've seen it done. Yet another annoying, unintended consequence of vehicle drops.

Comment

Or you can try dropping them on the runway while the jets are taking off.

Comment

Nice - tactics that represent everything wrong about how folks play this game.

Comment

More reasons why Vehicle drops shouldnt exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
            Nice - tactics that represent everything wrong about how folks play this game.
            We only play the game to the limit set by the developer. If you're trying to say that what I'm recommending isn't "realistic" then you need to really take a look at the game you're playing.

Comment

Some of those are good techniques, especially the one about dropping the car on a runway. And I dont see why theres anything wrong with it. It's like dropping the car at any other given part of the map. This place is only strategically correct, I suppose things that give the smarter people a small advantage are wrong in bf2.

Comment

Vehicle drops can prove very useful in matches. I think it's hilarious to be the sniper who gets a car dropped on his head, and I have had many games where I and the enemy commander just contiunously drop cars on eachothers heads. The only thing I don't like about the vehicle drops are when people use the commander hack (which is becomming more and more popular) SPAMMING 100!!!!1 CARS ON YOUR RUNWAY. LIGHTING UP THE SCREEN WITH SO AND SO IS NO MORE. Now that's something to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by nyy
                  - If you do a scan and see a red blip hiding in some bush in a far off corner of the map, drop a car on him. That's the other commander, and it's fun as hell to piss him off.
                  I had a guy try to get people to kick me because he said I was "cheating" by dropping vehicles on enemies. The next map another guy took commander and did the same thing, he started complaining again. I think its funny. Dropping vehicles on squads and killing multiple people is really fun.

Comment

Dropping a vehicle on a hill and have it slide down and kill a couple of people is harlarious!!!

Comment

When I was waiting for a jet the other day the enemy commander dropped a car on me ... but as I had the "E" key held down already I was straight in it and drove it out the way ...

Comment

Originally posted by nyy
                        We only play the game to the limit set by the developer. If you're trying to say that what I'm recommending isn't "realistic" then you need to really take a look at the game you're playing.

It has nothing to do with realism. It has everything to do with taking a fairly well implemented feature and figuring out how to noob it up as much as possible.

So using your logic I guess wall glitches are OK because your within the "limits" set by the developer?

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                          It has nothing to do with realism. It has everything to do with taking a fairly well implemented feature and figuring out how to noob it up as much as possible.

So using your logic I guess wall glitches are OK because your within the "limits" set by the developer?
                          Try to look at it this way:

Do map-makers wan't people to get into the walls? Have they already thought it possible and try to build maps that don't allow this?

When they implemented vehicle drops, do you honestly think they didn't realize it would be used to be dropped on other people, especially since we already have commanders dropping supply crates on people?

I'm almost positive they knew this would happen. They could have made the drops more innacurate to compensate for this, or have them just spawn instead of being dropped. If they are gonna leave something this big and OBVIOUS in there then by all means use it to kill people. Just make sure you use it to give teamates rides as well.

Comment

More tips: dorop vehicles on:
                            -proning enemies
                            -arty
                            -mines
                            -boxes
                            -iglas and stingers
                            -runways
                            -choppers and planes
                            -high buildings...

Comment