Idenitifying Vehicle Drop Hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idenitifying Vehicle Drop Hackers

There is a vehicle drop hacker on a server I admin right now, and I was wondering if there was any way to ID them. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I did not find anything relevant in the search. Thanks.

Re: Idenitifying Vehicle Drop Hackers

nope dont think so
    its someone hacking. i dont think u can tell who it is

Comment

OK, well, I'll just boot anyone suspicious (idle players who aren't autokicked I guess :/)

Comment

here is what you can do take a screen shot of all the names while the hack is goin on. get sevral screenshots and then look for people who were on during the hacking times. if one of those people who was on the server alot when the ahck was being used kick them if the hack stops then perm ban them.

but sometimes they are invisible so you have to llok for people on the map who dont show on the scoreboard.

Comment

When I was in a server full of cartillery, (it eventually crashed the server) everyone was trying to figure out who was doing it. Apparently the guy who was using the hack, was invisible. Players on the opposing team trying to uncover the hacker came across this player that u couldnt see. Unfortuntly no one was able to verify him as the hacker since there was no admin and only one/two players "saw" him. I dont kno if this applies to all Cartillerist's but it may.

Comment

They are probably using the rest of the hacks in that package too. Use the spectate feature, starting with the player with the highest KDR, begin observing. It doesn't take long to tell when someone is hacking.

Comment

Here is a good idea on how to spot who is using this hack. I admin our server and came across this same problem. Let me 1st tell you how I came across this. There was a video released with someone using this hack. They have access to the the menu that gets brought up when you hold T when you are a commander and use this to drop vehicles where your croishairs are. Keeping this in mind, the instant you see a lot of vehicles being dropped, quickly look at the map and see if someone on your team is facing that exact direction and standing still, chances are its him and he's using this T method my spamming vehicle drops at the exact same place, thus standing still. However keep in mind that it could be and observer waching this, the longer you wait the more observers there will be so try to catch it ASAP. Also keep in mind that the hacker could be on the other side. Another way to tell what team they are on is to look at the type of vehicle being dropped. This should eliminate half the team, Also remember that if you see a lot of vehicle drop icons on your map then you know he's on your team as the other teams vehicle drop icons dont appear on your map. Once you have a suspect, kick him and see if it stops, if it dosnt wait for another occurance. If it does, chances are it was him and he probably wont come back, and if he does the ban him.

Another note is that if they bring up the commander manu to drop the vehicles, they are tanding still in game, so if you see a couple of guys standing still during this cartillery effect, start kicking them one by one untill it stops.

And finally, most people who download these hacks usually create a new account. So start kicking players with low ranks first on top of the stuff explained above.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks. I tried looking for people who were standing still near the drops (got the idea earlier) but I couldn't find anyone standing still on the right team. So I ended up taking loads of screenies of the player list in the BF2CC and followed teh players through rounds and teams while the hack was being used. I narrowed it down to three possible players before the server crashed. Sadly, I think this was due to the vehicle spamming.
                I'll be glad when 1.4 has this fixed.

Comment

When this happens on the server that I play on, the admin pauses the game so you can't move and I guess he scans through all of the players to see anything suspicious. Then you see a couple of people get disconnected, gameplay resumes and everything is back to normal.

Comment

this is called a commander hack. essentially, it locks the recharge times of the assests so they never get used, hence, unlimited assests. this is probably what you were seeing.

Comment

Punkbuster= the name says it all :laugh:

Comment

Where is this video?

Comment

I know how can you identify hacker!
                          all bf2 players do something in the game one flying another fighting but the hacker will sit somewhere and turn like an crazy !
                          He is turning right,left,up,down because he is using commander map....
                          So just find one player like that and BAN HIM!

Comment

I'm not sure if this or true or not but I heard in another thread if you take a Punkbuster screenshot of the player with the commander hack he'll have the commander icon in the bottom corner of his screen even though he is not the commander. Coupled with a some other screenshots and a server log I think that'd be enough proof to get the player GUID banned.

Comment

Lol still it raining cars is very funny even if its a hack i just have to see this xD

Comment

Working...
                              X