Dragon Valley Offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Valley Offline

Well, this is another one of those 'crash to desktop' threads, buts its slightly different as its not a crash to desktop on startup or when joining an online server, or even playing offline, its just Dragon Valley offline. When I start Dragon Valley offline it just crashes to the desktop, and I can't figure out why. Every other map, online and offline, works fine but this one just doesnt (Only offline doesnt work, works on online).

I have the lastest patch and everything. I am using the special forces disc while playing on BF2 so I don't know if im supposed to use the BF2 disc still or not.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dragon Valley Offline

dont really know but my theory is that because there is such a RAM overload in BF2, the game crashes, and Dragon Valley is one of those relly big maps that kills fps grealty...dont kno just my thought

Comment

anyone know y all my night maps crash in SF??
      SP,online, i just cant load a night map. i CTD

Comment

Playing all low settings? Some custom maps apparently require at least medium terrain settings (shouldn't affect Dragon Valley though). ConscriptVirus also had a good point; how much RAM do you have?

Comment

Well first of I'd need to know how I find out how much RAM i have cos I dunno where I look.

I play on all Low settings and sometimes but them on medium/low for single player.

Btw, is there anyway of playing on the 64-player maps in singleplayer? cos the 16-player ones are annoying in places like FuShe Pass, which is best, in my opinion, on 64-player. (for the jets).

PS: Could anyone explain to me how to create a Co-Op game? so me and a friend/friends can play against the computer.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Grab this,

EVEREST Home Edition is a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology....

it will tell you just about everything you want to know about your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokori
              Btw, is there anyway of playing on the 64-player maps in singleplayer? cos the 16-player ones are annoying in places like FuShe Pass, which is best, in my opinion, on 64-player. (for the jets).
              You need to download modified maps. There's a mappack available here:
              http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85853 . Note that you either need to back up the original maps or set up a separate mod to avoid losing the originals. Anyone who plays SP also needs to visit the BFSP site & forum: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com
              PS: Could anyone explain to me how to create a Co-Op game? so me and a friend/friends can play against the computer.
              If you're running patch 1.3 you just need to go to muliplayer - create local, and select co-op from the gamemode drop-down box.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                If you're running patch 1.3 you just need to go to muliplayer - create local, and select co-op from the gamemode drop-down box.
                Thanks but I tried that and it didn't show up on his multiplayer menu, and he tried connecting to my Ip, and I tried connecting to his, but it didn't work. Is it supposed to just show up on the server menu? or when you search the name?

Oh and, on that Everest thing, where does it tell me about RAM?

Comment

In everst click on COMPUTER and then OVERCLOCK, about half way down the page you will see,
                  (this is mine)
                  SPD Memory Modules
                  DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200XL 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.0-2-2-5 @ 200 MHz)
                  DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200XL 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.0-2-2-5 @ 200 MHz)
                  This will give you the brand,type and latency values

Comment

Originally posted by Hokori
                    Thanks but I tried that and it didn't show up on his multiplayer menu, and he tried connecting to my Ip, and I tried connecting to his, but it didn't work. Is it supposed to just show up on the server menu? or when you search the name?
                    Are you on the same network or trying to do this over the internet? If you're on the same network it should show up on the Join Local screen. If you're trying to go over the internet you may need to change router or Windows firewall settings.

Comment

It says 256MB

Originally posted by jdrou
                      Are you on the same network or trying to do this over the internet? If you're on the same network it should show up on the Join Local screen. If you're trying to go over the internet you may need to change router or Windows firewall settings.
                      Well its over the internet and I seen somewhere about opening ports in firewalls, does that have to be done on both computers? and how do you do it?

Comment

If you can play online then the client side should be fine. Only the server side will need changes. According to EA:
                        In order to host a Battlefield 2 server, you must have the following ports open in your firewall.

Server Ports:

UDP 27900
                        UDP/TCP 29900
                        TCP 80
                        TCP 4711
                        UDP 27901
                        UDP 1500-4999
                        UDP/TCP 1024-1124
                        UDP 29900
                        UDP/TCP 27900
                        UDP 16567
                        UDP 55123-55125

How you do this depends on your firewall/router. You may also need to do "port-forwarding" in the router. Take a look at http://www.portforward.com/ . If you're running XP SP2 you may also need to change/disable Windows firewall (I don't run XP so I can't help much with that). If you need more help on this part you may want to start a new thread so more people might look at it (since fewer people probably look at threads about offline/SP).

Do you have two lines saying 256MB or just one? If you only have 256MB RAM total you are well below the "official" requirement for BF2 (512MB). What does that sysinfo program say about your CPU? SP/co-op uses more CPU than online because of the bots.

Comment

Working...
                        X