Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Wasted

Just thinking about this ...

It takes 15 seconds to spawn once killed. Say on average you are killed 10 times per round. You play 10 rounds per day.

Ive claculated it to be 700 minutes (~11 Hours) a month starring at the screen waiting to spawn.

So thats 132 Hours a year. So you spend on average one week a year watching the spawn screen waiting to get back into battle.

Thats just a prediction, many people are killed way more than 10 times per round!

I thought this was quite interesting. What do you think?

Re: Time Wasted

I think it's sad

Comment

It's not that bad compared to games like Counter-Strike that require you to sit out until the next round if you die. The average CS player spends 50% of his time in spectator mode.

Comment

LOL.
        And now how much time we spend seeing the loading screens .

Comment

Originally posted by grena
          LOL.
          I don't want to hear about it

Comment

Originally posted by grena
            LOL.
            not long a minute or two, i dont often see the spawn screen much i dont usually die to often quite a few rounds with no deaths but neither anywhere near the top

Comment

I guess it is all in how you look at it. I don't get to play every day or even every weekend, so when I do play and die, I don't think about the spawn time as time wasted. It all adds up to be time playing and I value what few "escapes" I can get by playing online with my buds.

I do see your point though. Just like work, if you are on salary and put in more than the standard 40 hours per week, it is usually a BAD idea to divide your pay by your hours. The hourly rate can put you into shock if you aren't prepared for it!

Comment

I made a point once about the attempt to make BF2 a twitchy shooter and take the randomness out of the weapons. I made mention of spawn times, as part of that, very similar to your OP.

As it stands now, on smaller maps, modern weapons are so affective even with randomness thrown in, just how much better could they get before your comming down the stairs at Hotel, and your shot by a person who's still behind the wall at Square?

How much respawning and spawning does one have to do before they realize that this game's intent was that a level playing feild of aquired skills would be acheived quickly, and therefore one should try other means to gain an advantage.

Mainly teamwork, VOIP, commander, taking out assets, mobile spawn points, the list goes on and on.

It never ceases to amaze me that some are statistifed with just running headlong into each other from the two closest spawns and crossing their fingers that they may accumulate enough kills to effect the outcome of the game.

When that doesn't materialize as a relitively fun way to play the game, it's the game that's designed all wrong, not how they are going about playing it. They scream for physics changes and more accurate weapons, or contend that extremely questionable practices to gain the advantage they are looking for, are "allowed by the game".

Comment

It gives you that critical opportunity to scratch your balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
                    I do see your point though. Just like work, if you are on salary and put in more than the standard 40 hours per week, it is usually a BAD idea to divide your pay by your hours. The hourly rate can put you into shock if you aren't prepared for it!
                    Try teaching... it's anywhere from a few cents to a quarter per hour. Well for good teachers anyway.

10 rounds per day is a lot of playing, IMO. But that is a good average for most people.

There's tons of wasted time in everything you do.

Comment

If you have two computers on your desk, you can avoid wasting time by surfing the web or watching a video or whatever on your 2nd computer. But really, you shouldn't be zoning out during your 15 second respawn wait. You should be checking the map to see where your team requires the most assistance and determining the best kit to use for the situation.

Comment

Didn't we discuss this exact same thing last year?

Comment

It´s your fault, you deleted the previous thread .

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuure I did

Comment

There is one good way to find out how long u spent looking at spawn screen: go to your stats, check how long u have used all kits and total time. The difference is the total spawning time.

Comment

Working...
                              X