L85A1 randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L85A1 randomness

Does anyone else find that in single shot the L85 can be competely random? i.e if I were to stop firing and then fire one shot every few seconds while prone it ends up not even hitting a stationary target?

However, when it's behaving normally it's quite accurate, but there are moments when I should easily be hitting someone but the bullets seem to fall all around them.

Re: L85A1 randomness

yep.
    It's one of those guns that you can go on rampages one round with... then not be able to buy a single kill to save your life the next.

Comment

lol yeah ive had the randomness of the L85a1 happen yet i still like it, ive had times where im prone and still and see a target coming in a stright line towards me I pop shots at the enemy in single fire and none hit but then other times its a headshot machine lol

Comment

idk man. i have never had this problem myself... or maybe i just never took the time to notice. the l85a1 is my weapon of choice when it comes to the medic kit. i find that if u fire in 4 or 5 round bursts at a target from close to medium range it is most effective. at long range i can pull off sniper-like shots no problem.

Comment

Yes, but I have no problem with it. It still owns. Just today I had 29 kills with 0 deaths on Karkand with the L85, and I only was only revived once.

Comment

The L8 is kick ***

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
              idk man. i have never had this problem myself... or maybe i just never took the time to notice. the l85a1 is my weapon of choice when it comes to the medic kit. i find that if u fire in 4 or 5 round bursts at a target from close to medium range it is most effective. at long range i can pull off sniper-like shots no problem.
              I think all the guns in BF2 are like that.
              I find the G36E and C to be the most reliable.
              Just seem to have solid burst and single shot modes

Comment

Most of the time when using the scope I just shoot circles around the guy even on single shot. I've had more luck sniping with an F2000 and SCAR-L. I only use it in close quarters. I rarely use it at all. Even though it has a scope it's very innaccurate.

Comment

Personally, I hate unlocks.

But, if I do use them, I will pick the G36C, or the P90. The G36C, in my mind, is the most accurate gun in the game if it is in the right hands. I went up against a guy on Daqing Oilfields today who had the G36C while I had it too. He went all auto while I fired in 3-5 round burts, and I killed him.

But as for the L85A1, that gun is unpredictable. I always thought that it was really bad and innacurate, but one round changed it. I was MEC and I needed a full-auto gun as medic that was more accurate than the AK-101. So I took the L85A1 and owned with it. But then the next round, I sucked with it. So it's a jumpy gun that takes some getting used to in my mind.

Comment

L85A1 is as accurate as M16A2

a little more deviation when prone compared to the M16

It looks random because of it's 2.5x scope and a pin used to aim

Head shot machine in mid/close range

Comment

My eyesight's not so good so it's just about the only gun that gives me enough zoom to see the enemy from a distance.

Single shot fire in the prone position FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by G916F9
                        L85A1 is as accurate as M16A2
                        It's as accurate on the first shot, after that it has a lot more recoil and shot deviation.

Head shot machine in mid/close range
                        Accurate burst-fire is a better headshot machine.

Comment

I abhor that peashooter. I respect that some of you love it, but for me it leaves me cold. I hate that chintzy sight in zoom, and like someone else said, it kicks a lot. I prefer the G36E or AK-101.

Comment

Ive never noticed a problem with it before. It has to be my all time favorite gun in the game. In auto it can kill most things that rush round a corner at you, while with single shot it is on a level with the sniper rifles. I have got most of my highest round scores using the L85 with the medic kit. I love to just sit somewhere and snipe on single shot.

Great weapon.

Comment

I still prefer the G36E, two bursts and they're dead

Comment

Working...
                              X