tried and tried, I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried and tried, I need help

I am really new to the computer world, so a lot of what I read on comp sites is like latin to me.
    I bought my first rig a few months ago, it has AMD x2 4200, 2gig ram, 7900gt, sound blaster se, 10k rpm raptor.

It is my understanding that this should do well for the game. Most of the time it does, then it freaks out, studders freezes and just acts up. On most servers I get above a 100 ping, I sorta see that, but I have been getting this on 20-30 ping lately too. Alaska is out of the way and a good ping is hard to come by but it seems 90-120 ping it hesitates less than on good ping.

I have toyed with the video settings and it seems nothing helps, I am trying the tweek guide but like I said latin is not my first language.
    i will be tring the page file size and a few things I have seen but am a little worried I will screw it up too bad, and it took me a long time to get it set for me and the wife. Any simple suggestions yall think I would be able to do would be great, sorry to do the same thing over and over but I didnt want to thread jack

Re: tried and tried, I need help

First off, what is your connection to the internet?

There is a speed for Downloading, and another for UPLoading. Do you know what they are?

If you say "Dailup" then you are already too slow IMHO.

Comment

what kind of router do u use, are u using a wireless network card?
      try one of these servers and see what ping u get http://bf2tracker.com/serverlist.php...hstring=alaska

If u do use a wireless network card try getting a network cable and give that ago

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
        First off, what is your connection to the internet?

There is a speed for Downloading, and another for UPLoading. Do you know what they are?

If you say "Dailup" then you are already too slow IMHO.

yes the internet sucks, it is dsl supposed to be 1meg/1meg is what they told me. It is the fsatest I can get here save paying $800 for the cable lines to run.

this place is kind of crappy but I am looking forward to japan

Originally posted by elstonieo
        what kind of router do u use, are u using a wireless network card?
        try one of these servers and see what ping u get http://bf2tracker.com/serverlist.php...hstring=alaska

If u do use a wireless network card try getting a network cable and give that ago
        I just have the phone co. modem, no router as far as i know. that link is cool, my avg ping on the ak server is 30-45,

Thanks for the replies I am such an undereducated person with this stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X