Need help with settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Im So Pissed at EA

it is a known fact that you need more than 1 gigabyte of ram to play BF2 on high. Preferably 2GB. Why the hell are you using a laptop for gaming anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
      Your processor is not enough I beleive. It's not only CPU usage that matters... The GPU... well... let me guess, 30 FPS on high? Don't know if it's enough.
      And BTW, I've played Oblivion with it and it gave me just about 20 fps on all medium. And I have a better processor and RAM.
      The HDD is fine, though.

And 1gig RAM is absolutely not enough to run high, trust me.

My CPU is faster and more efficient that any P4 as is any Core Duo.

I get 40-60fps on bf2 all on high with AA off accoding to ATI Tray Tools, its just it stutters like hell.

And I never dip below 20fps in Oblivion.

Comment

6800 runs everything on high , but the shadows are messed for me , they come out as squres so i can see if an enermy is round acorner as a square is around him but my anti alising runs on low witch it shouldt have to

alot of my friends were pissed of for the lack of supported cards for bf2

Comment

Originally posted by Sabo
          it is a known fact that you need more than 1 gigabyte of ram to play BF2 on high. Preferably 2GB. Why the hell are you using a laptop for gaming anyway?
          Because I needed a laptop for the mobility.

And what the hell is wrong with laptops for gaming? Mine is perfectly fine.

I have a 6.3lb laptop that can play most games confortably, and move it easily compared to a 25lb+ tower.

I dont know why bf2 does this, I played the Prey Demo everything on high with 40+ fps?

Obviously the X1600 was released much after bf2 was.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Kris
            My CPU is faster and more efficient that any P4 as is any Core Duo.
            I get 40-60fps on bf2 all on high with AA off accoding to ATI Tray Tools, its just it stutters like hell.

And I never dip below 20fps in Oblivion.
            well yes/no... Bf2 needs atleast a 2ghz cpu,, ok the conroe does with its dual core but bf2 doesnt support dual core.

Comment

I'd have a propper PC for gaming and a cheap laptop for work if I had a laptop. Laptops are too unreliable to spend too much on IMO. All you need is more ram. Do you have any ram slots left in you laptop? If not well.. im afraid you'll have to play on low or w/e. Yes dice suck.

Comment

My pagefile is system managed.
                That could be part of your problem, your pagefile may be fragmented.

Comment

Yes, I have 1-dimm availalble, I was smart and ordered my 1gb on one stick only.

a 1.83ghz core duo functions like a 3.4ghz P4, so no, even a 1.63ghz core duo would not be a bottleneck.

Oh, my laptop is an Asus, a maker of motherboards which many of you have. My laptop is very good quality.

Comment

I was running everything on medium/high with an
                    Intel motherboard D865GBF and chipset (3.2Ghz)
                    Radeon 9800pro 128mb
                    1 gig ram (2 sticks of 512mb)
                    and onboard sound.
                    Only got 30 fps which dropped to like 15 fps in heavy fire fights. So I upgraded the ram and the videocard.

Now I have:
                    2GB of Ram (4 sticks of 512mb)
                    Nvidia 7800GS
                    and now I get 90 fps and it never seems to slow down. Now I just have to get a faster connection, 128kbps is too slow.

Comment

for an extreme situation, u can turn off antivirus but only while u play

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETt
                        shouldnt it be dice? o.o;
                        I think it's just more funnier to blame EA :laugh:
                        They always get the blame every time anyway as they ussly screw up other games.

Comment

Originally posted by shiftymoves
                          Oh yea...
                          P4 3.0 2 gigs ram 6800 256m

Everything is on high...65 to 110 fps accroding to teamspeak overlay, and fraps
                          Nuh ah, kidding. I have the same specs except a 6800gt and i can't run all high without crazy stuttering and it will never go above 60.

Please tell me how you get 110 fps with that setup. I want to as well!

It sucks bf2 is the most unoptimized game out there and gets laggier and crappier with each patch.

Comment

a 1.83ghz core duo functions like a 3.4ghz P4, so no, even a 1.63ghz core duo would not be a bottleneck.
                            correct me if i'm wrong but from what i understand bf2 doesnt support dual core so it's only using one of the cores. not both. so in bf2 it would not be functioning like a 3.4ghz p4.

just add another gig of ram. my friend just did and went from playing low/medium to playing high.

Comment

Originally posted by deadboy79
                              correct me if i'm wrong but from what i understand bf2 doesnt support dual core so it's only using one of the cores. not both. so in bf2 it would not be functioning like a 3.4ghz p4.
                              exactly . So as Lt.Kris said earlier his "CPU never goes over 50%" when playing BF2. That means one of the cores is crying out for mercy while the other core can do nothing to lighten it's load.

I'm not so familiar with the inner structure of a Core Duo T2400 but i'd doubt that any CPU (or should i say 'core', since the number of cores in a CPU don't matter) under 2000Mhz would do for BF2. (yes i know it's not just the Mhz ...)

Comment

I would have to agree that 2 gig of RAM is needed to run on high.

I have a dual core 3.2Ghz Intel940 CPU, 2 Gig 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM, & ATi X850XTPE.
                                After install game sets everything to high by default.
                                I use omega drivers with AA & AF set to highest setting.
                                Average about 50-60 FPS even with all that eye candy on.

So i would have though the OP laptop is not enough to run on high!!
                                2 Gig is the way forward

Comment

Working...
                                X