Need help with settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with settings

Because I have a computer more than capable of running bf2 on high, as you see in my sig, but I cant run it higher than low because it will stutter like hell. I have 1gb of RAM, EA sucks at optimizing, 1gb of RAM should be enough to run at medium-high, but no I cant.

Any1here runs a 1gb with medium to high settings?

My HDD light flickers on and off every 10s indicating PF usage.

Re: Im So Pissed at EA

yes i have the same problem. i have a good enough rig to run everything on high yet i can only have 3 things on high and the rest on mediam and some on low like lighting

Comment

I have a gig and a half and I run most things on high with no prob

Comment

shouldnt it be dice? o.o;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtsam150892
          yes i have the same problem. i have a good enough rig to run everything on high yet i can only have 3 things on high and the rest on mediam and some on low like lighting
          Can you please tell me which settings? I have nothing on high

thx

Comment

i have 2 gig and have a geforce 6600 gt pci-e and on every other game liek cod 2 it runs liek a beast on high on every thing on bf2 i have to run on low with some mediums its so ghey

Comment

did you think to make your page file bigger?

Did you consider that the HDD may be accessing because of some other program in the background?

Have you done your due dilligence to eliminate OTHER parts of your system as the problem?

Hardware is only half the story...

A poorly tuned Porche with sugar in the gas tank will be out-ran by a toddler on a tricycle.... just the same, a really nice pile of hardware, assembled and configured by an inept pc neophite with spyware all over will get blasted by an intense piece of software like BF2.

Your hate for EA is misguided, at best.

Comment

My pagefile is system managed.

I have nothing running in the background, no AV, only ATT, Realtek, Intel Wireless, and Logitech for my mouse, the rest is windows stuff.

I have no spyware or virus I scan with AVG, Spybot, and Lavasoft Adware SE every couple days.

I also have the latest (6.7) Catalyst Mobilities.

Comment

Why would you buy an ATI vid card in the first place? *CHEAP*

Thats why...Their going down the tubes, thats why thier cheap...
                  While your out buying a video card buy the other Gig of ram. Your gonna need it sooner or later anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Kris
                    Because I have a computer more than capable of running bf2 on high, as you see in my sig, but I cant run it higher than low because it will stutter like hell. I have 1gb of RAM, EA sucks at optimizing, 1gb of RAM should be enough to run at medium-high, but no I cant.

Any1here runs a 1gb with medium to high settings?

My HDD light flickers on and off every 10s indicating PF usage.
                    That rig isn't good enough to run high! Low/medium is OK. Before whining at EA, get used to hardware, understand what it is, and get help on forums.

Comment

My videocard is a MOBILITY X1600 256mb Dedicated.

Means I chose it over a laptop with a 7600.

Plus I prefer ATI, but im not going to get in an argument.

Originally posted by Doggie52
                      That rig isn't good enough to run high! Low/medium is OK.

Why Not?

The CPU is good. It never goes above 50% on bf2.
                      The GPU is good, it handles BF2 fine easily, and runs Oblivion on all medium.
                      The HDD is fine at 5,400rpm.

Oh and I know plenty on hardware, ask me.

Comment

Oh yea...
                        P4 3.0 2 gigs ram 6800 256m

Everything is on high...65 to 110 fps accroding to teamspeak overlay, and fraps

Comment

My Duo Core is more powerful than that P4 you have and no im not adding the Ghz numbers.

I have 1gb of RAM @ 667mhz.

My X1600 has 256mb DEDICATED, as is close to the same as your 6800.

I know way more on mobile hardware than I do on desktop hardware but I know alot on desktop hardware aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Kris
                            My videocard is a MOBILITY X1600 256mb Dedicated.

Means I chose it over a laptop with a 7600.

Plus I prefer ATI, but im not going to get in an argument.

Why Not?

The CPU is good. It never goes above 50% on bf2.
                            The GPU is good, it handles BF2 fine easily, and runs Oblivion on all medium.
                            The HDD is fine at 5,400rpm.

Oh and I know plenty on hardware, ask me.
                            Your processor is not enough I beleive. It's not only CPU usage that matters... The GPU... well... let me guess, 30 FPS on high? Don't know if it's enough.
                            And BTW, I've played Oblivion with it and it gave me just about 20 fps on all medium. And I have a better processor and RAM.
                            The HDD is fine, though.

And 1gig RAM is absolutely not enough to run high, trust me.

Comment

Well ever think this?

1. You're running it on a laptop, which when coming to BF2's demand for a high end systems, will get torn to pieces without a good vid card and good ram and a good processor.

2. You have a good vid card, but are not meeting the RAM requirements, and processor speed requirements. BF2 requires 1.5 GB ram, and a 2.4 GhZ processor (correct me if I'm wrong).

But alas, I run these settings on a NVIDIA 6800 XT/GS (not overclocked) with 1 GB of RAM and a 1.83 GhZ AMD Athlon Processor...

Resolution: 1024x768 | Refresh Rate: 60 hz

AA: 2x
                              AF: Medium (You dont need high, just lags)
                              Textures: Medium (Again high just lags)
                              Geometry: Medium (High once again lags)
                              Terrain: Medium (Same thing, what a coincedence)
                              Lighting: Medium (High Lags)
                              View Distance: 100%
                              Dynamic Lighting: Medium
                              Shadows: Medium
                              Effects: Medium

... and the game runs smoothly, and the graphics make me love it even more.

Comment

Working...
                              X