Iron Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Sights

Just wondering if there going to do anything about the iron sights on the guns.

I mean the gun should move with breathing patterns, and you should have the chance to compensate for it. Rather than having someone right in your sights and missing completly.

I dont know if im just not as experienced as alot of you guys but whenever I look through iron sights on BF2 it would suggest a perfect shot.

I think the best example of Iron sight recoil and breathing patterns exists in MGS3 Snake Eater.

Thanks.

Re: Iron Sights

I doubt anything will be done at this stage.

I absolutely hate the games that add breathing into the mix.

Comment

yeh, though i suppose it is a bit inaccurate that you can hold a heavy sniper rifle completely steady while standing up. If there was one thing they had to mess with, i would say it would be that.

Comment

experienced marksman in real life know better than to breathe heavily during shots. and the bullets are affected by something called bullet deviation, which is more realistic than breathing while shooting. only noobs will shoot a rifle while breathing heavily in reality. all that breathing is not realistic contrary to what game developers think.
        and snipers will never shoot while standing. the first person that stands to shoot will go back home in a body bag. most sniper regiments have bipods or tripods to help a sniper.
        try joining the military, you will get to know the tricks of shooting. im a veteran shooter myself.

Comment

Just want to get this right,

is bullet deviation due to inaccuracy of the gun itself over longer ranges or is it due too small movements of the person using the gun.

Because small movements (I didnt metion "Heavy" breathing by the way) is something I wouldnt mind having control over.

If you could compensate for a slowly moving iron sight, something like the recoil on the pistols, Id be quite happy. Insted of aiming at someone and hoping it doesnt miss.

Comment

Um ill take it that you are enlisted in the Army or something then cause you must be know all that right cause i know when i try and steady any kind of hunting rifle with a scope i get all kinds of swaying just from my hands every little movement moves the scope alot

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswahhihi
              Just want to get this right,

is bullet deviation due to inaccuracy of the gun itself over longer ranges or is it due too small movements of the person using the gun.
              Bullett deviation is caused by a number of factors:

1. After firing the barrel of a weapon becomes filled with debris (unburnt powder, residue) this debris can and will affect the rifling in the barrel thus causing un-expected flight characteristics in the bullet.

2. All though rounds are machine produced there will be ever so slight differences in each round. This also becomes a problem by the time the round has been transported from the munitions factory to the soldier in the field, who has loaded it into his magazine with dirty hands, shook the magazine around a fair bit whilst carrying it in his webbing causeing the bullet to become slightly unseated in it's case or dirty etc.

These aren't the only reasons, but the short and long of it is; if you clamped a rifle in a very powerful vice and fired several rounds at a static target not all the rounds would land in exactly the same place.

In real life there are also many other things to take into consideration when aiming such as wind, elevation (if the target is higher than you your rounds will land short), moving target etc.

Comment

I dont know about you guys but I believe the "first, pure" (unaffected by recoil) shot should be dead on.

Comment

FarCry was the best game I saw for this kind of thing. Their sniper rifle was awesome. It swayed based on your movements and breathing, which you could counter by not moving and going prone. Then after that, you could hold down the jump button to hold your breath as you took the shot (only worked while prone) which made the scope even steadier, but depleted your stamina.

I'd prefer an iron sight like that, that moved, but always hit true, to the one we have now where I line up dead on target and then roll the dice.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
                    FarCry was the best game I saw for this kind of thing. Their sniper rifle was awesome. It swayed based on your movements and breathing, which you could counter by not moving and going prone. Then after that, you could hold down the jump button to hold your breath as you took the shot (only worked while prone) which made the scope even steadier, but depleted your stamina.
                    This concept is in a lot of games.

Comment

Many in fact, but I have to say from an arcade standpoint, MGS Snake eater had the gun's ironsighting issues down.

Comment

I've played a game where holding shift while zoomed in with the rifle started making a little bar deplete, and while the bar was depleting you had no sway in your shot, but when it was empty your aim would go wild as you caught your breath.

Though you didn't really need that because the aim wouldn't sway while moving it across the screen so you could just swipe it across your target and shoot when their head was in the crosshairs.

Anyways, to quote someone "Messing around with the camera = unhappy viewer," I just hate the sway with no way to prevent it.

Comment

T hat adds to realism but could ruin the fun. How would you feel when you see some guy crouching on the floor and you realize you can't hit him because ur breathing really hard?

Comment

You don't hold your breath in a shot anyway you time the getle sqeeze of the trigger when the forepost sight comes back on target. Breath in muzzle goes down, breath out vice versa.

I used to time my shots on the breath in, half a breath and sqeeze. Just so you know even the pulse in your hand will throw off a long range shot so I wore a shooting glove. For added steadiness you can wrap the sling around your forearm which helps a lot too if you've no tripod or bipod. It would be too complicated to put in a game I think and so shot deviation works just fine. Leave it as is.

Comment

Working...
                            X