Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connection to server lost in 30 secs

Originally posted by CommandoMuffin
    >_< this is pissing me off, no matter what server i join after 30 seconds sometimes a little more bf2 says connection to server has been lost, ive tried non pb servers, ive tried updateing bf2 and nothing... this just started happening recently i dont know what the problem is
    Tried updating the firmware on your router/modem? Check manufacturer's websites for updates.

Comment

Comment

Uninstall and reinstall of the basic game, and then each add-on, one at a time, each one followed by installing the full 1.3 patch, seems to have helped. I did that yesterday and didn't have time to test. So far today, the kids played almost 2 hours and no problem.

ADDED: This seems to have corrected most of the problem. Got a chance to try it some more. In an hour and half, I did get one "Problem with your connection" message, followed by a long pause (freeze), but in that session multiple people were dropped offline - I still think there's a problem with the 1.3 patch, but at least it's playable now.

2nd ADD: Got to test it some more the next day. BF2 with 1.3 works fine now for me.

Can't claim this is the solution for everyone, but the game is now playable with 1.3 for me - after uninstall and reinstall, applying the full 1.3 patch after each. Install order: BF2 -> 1.3 patch -> Special Forces -> 1.3 patch -> Euro Force -> 1.3 patch -> Armored Fury -> 1.3 patch. (As applicable to the addons you've got.)

If you've got problems with the 1.3 patch, this might be worth a try.

(I hope this doesn't become the install procedure for all future patches.)

Comment

Working...
        X