bad FPS on great system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad FPS on great system?

Okay, So I just upgraded to an Athlon 64 3800+ Orleans, 2 gigs of pqi turbo DDR2 667 memory, Asus m32n-sli deluxe mobo, and have a eVGA 256MB 7900 GT KO reloaded. I am getting between 30-50 FPS with medium settings, AA and AF off, vsync is also disabled. I just did a fresh install of XP because of the upgrade so there is basically nothing else on my comp but BF2 and major windows updates and a few mp3s. I have been browsing around the forums and see people with lesser specs boasting about 100 FPS on all high AA with resolution maxed out. Shouldnt I be getting better frames?

Re: bad FPS on great system?

it could be because ur dual core CPU does not go well with BF2. This will fix the problem...

alt-tab out, and bring up processes in task manager.... right click on bf2.exe click on set affinity, and untick on of the boxs.

Comment

TBS he have a single core processor not dual. download the 91.33 beta drivers because there are problems regarding the 91.31 drivers

Comment

Yea its a single core, you think those new drivers will do it? I mean ive tried the drivers the card shipped with and i get the same performance. But I will take the suggestion and try those drivers out, are they at the nvidia site? I mean tell me if im just crazy but shouldnt i be getting better FPS?

Comment

Yes your card should get much higher FPS and as i said the drivers shipped have problems here is the link. It worked for other and should work for you, HOPE SO
          here you go

Comment

I thought AMD boards didn't support DDR2 Ram? I don't have one, so I don't this to be Fact, but.........

Comment

Your rig should absolutely get more FPS, there must be some kind of little setting you can change which will give you better speed (such as letting BF2 only use one of the 2 cores)...

Comment

Well I dont have a dual core system, its a single core, I am running on an AM2 board, not a 939.

Comment

Originally posted by rylenolflu
                  Well I dont have a dual core system, its a single core, I am running on an AM2 board, not a 939.
                  Sorry for my post, didn't check your specs really ... I actually have no clue. Have you installed any programs lately? Any new drivers?

Comment

Did u try the beta 91.33 drivers that i gave you

Comment

you should be on high no problems. quick question when you change your settings to high what happens? lag, artifacting, crashing? try new drivers, then try changing your your memory to 1t timing instead of 2t.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco
                        I thought AMD boards didn't support DDR2 Ram? I don't have one, so I don't this to be Fact, but.........
                        AM2 supports DDR2

you mentioend you used the drivers on the cd which were what version? alot of people have problems with 91.xx drivers i use 84. driver from evga and they work great.

Comment

Well basically I get alot of screen tearing and when I check the FPS i get between 30-50, it drops down to the high 20's sometimes. I havent tried the 91.33 betas yet, im about to try it right now. I have already set the memory timing to 1T from 2T.

Comment

turn turning v-sync on and when using 2 sticks of 1gb stuff youll get better performance in 1T.

Comment

The first thing I thought from this thread was my problem, but mine is caused from the dual core. I downloaded the AMD dual core patch and all games run perfect now. Too bad that wasn't your fix...

Comment

Working...
                              X