Sick of these clowns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of these clowns....

Really starting to annoy me, I don't even use the chopper much now because of the clowns who inhabitate the heli pads. I can fly good, and I can gun good and im not being arrogant or cocky. But then today when I come to fly on Sharqi after 3 rounds of ground pounding, since I like a change now and then I went to use the chopper, I end up as gunner with this clown pilot ''[SET]molin92_'' so while this prick is spamming ''GET OUT'' the USMC chopper is on its way over and its right infront of us, the gunner misses with the TV missile and we hadn't even taken off, but then the USMC chopper is blasting our troops and Commander, so im saying ''MOVE'', so he goes up in the air and the USMC chopper is flying away, so I fire the TV and take it out.

Next this clown keeps saying ''GET OUT'' and then trys to take me out of bounds..FAIL. Then I take out the USMC chopper again as hes hovering over our heli wanting me to get out, then his buddy is sitting saying to me ''PLZ GET OUT''. So im here thinking, who do these clowns think they are? Other person was ''[SET]GeneralGladSwe'' figures, so then this idiot crashes into the trees.

Spawn, then they take the chopper but this time a Sergeant Major gets gunner, so im standing there and theres that clown molin92, then he is crying for him to get out. Seriously these dickheads don't have any right to tell anyone to get out of the Chopper, I could understand if they were better skillwise, but they sucked, they kept dieing. Idiots like this don't deserve to fly, they can't fly, they can't gun. It matters alot as it affects the teams performance a lot. A chopper mowing down tons of team mates could easily be prevented if it had company of another chopper.

Yes I know this has been discussed but its getting worse, the answer is not to just get out, the answer is not just to disconnect and find another server.

I think that there should be a Helicopter licence people with these licences can fly the Helcopter, then you have Basic Helicopter licence, then you have Veteran then Expert, think of it like Gran Turismo. I know im not the only one tired of this, yes its something that happens in public servers alot, but seriously even if I was with a buddy and I got in and he didn't, as long as my gunner can perform well or pilot to perform well then no problem, if they are no use no point in telling them to get out if they don't want to. I think something needs done about this, but theres nothing really that can be done without affecting the community either positivley or negativley

Re: Sick of these clowns....

Nothing is going to be done. The best things you can do are:
    a) Let them have the chopper.
    b) Find another server.
    c) Request an admin to boot them for vehicle whoring (if server rules cover that)

This is a game for the masses and everyone has the right to use any vehicle they want regardless of their skill. It is how EA/DICE designed the game. Sad, but true. Maybe instead of points for unlocked guns, they should have made you accumulate points for pilot privilages. Either way, the game is what it is and nothing like kit/vehicle limiting will be introduced this late in the game. There are over 1000 servers out there. Find one that does not allow vehicle whoring and will kick players that disrupt gameplay when their buddy does not get to fly with them.

Comment

I know what you mean. I cant fly the buggers so I dont. But if I fancy a bit of practice, I do it on a server with barely anyone on it!

It's great to get your mate in the chopper (steady) but I'm afraid I could never bring myself to ask someone else to get out. Tragic levels of childishness!

Comment

firstly you might want to edit the profanity

second i do hate clan members who seem to think that they own the chopper(bcos it usually is clan people complaining) on a certain map, they assume others have no skill and of course end up being arrogent,

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
          Nothing is going to be done. The best things you can do are:
          a) Let them have the chopper.
          b) Find another server.
          c) Request an admin to boot them for vehicle whoring (if server rules cover that)

This is a game for the masses and everyone has the right to use any vehicle they want regardless of their skill. It is how EA/DICE designed the game. Sad, but true. Maybe instead of points for unlocked guns, they should have made you accumulate points for pilot privilages. Either way, the game is what it is and nothing like kit/vehicle limiting will be introduced this late in the game. There are over 1000 servers out there. Find one that does not allow vehicle whoring and will kick players that disrupt gameplay when their buddy does not get to fly with them.
          Yeah its not vehicle whoring though, its just that they suck and they are no benefit to the team. But I don't see why I just leave them the chopper and I get bumped, and have a long drive back into the Sharqi city. But I get what your saying. I know everyones entitled to use anything, but damn why not share just for once.

Comment

I would have typed if it was my server.

!k molin92 You get out and learn some team play

See you later dip****.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
              firstly you might want to edit the profanity

second i do hate clan members who seem to think that they own the chopper(bcos it usually is clan people complaining) on a certain map, they assume others have no skill and of course end up being arrogent,
              True, I got knifed by this idiot on my team, he and his clan mate they were both like 3 star generals, and they wanted the chopper so they tk'd everyone who came near the pad. I'll probly get flamed for making this topic, but gotta let out some air now and then .

Comment

Well, if the pilot was not willing to play the game correctly until you got out of the chopper so his buddy could get in, I call that vehicle whoring. But, I am a bit jaded, so if vehicle whoring seems harsh to you, then I'll not argue that point.

As far as sharing goes, some folks just have no home training.

Comment

Ok, if 2 guys are obviously 'together' and ready as a pilot/co-pilot team, I can understand their frustration if a single player arrives at the helipad and messes up their AC team...but to out-of-bounds TK you is just NOT the way to handle it.

My friend and I always squad up and try to use a common tag so that people know that we are together and are taking the chopper up as a VOIP team. If TWO players show up at the helipad, and one of us doesn't get into the chopper and one of us does, we'll jump out and let the other 2 have it. If there is only ONE other guy waiting at the helipad and one of us gets in, we'll politely ask in chat that the other guy get out (while using the bail out command) and explain that we're a 2 man VOIP team. If he were to bring another player along, we'd gladly let them have the chopper for a sortie.

Comment

The scenario you describe here is identical and similar to countless others - and I agree, battlefield-behavior is deteriorating. If you wish to fly any vehicle, you are more likely to be killed/yelled at by your own team. Your "teammates" are more dangerous than the enemy.

I feel that this sad, sad state of affairs has been brought about by stats and ranks. It has attracted the wrong crowd and infected others with a very puerile obsession with points - individual points.

Dice/EA had created a rank/stat system that turns the majority of players on BF2 into a Jerry Springer-crowd, by appealing to the the most primitive of human impulses.

Cheers :-)

Comment

instead of plane camping, if the vehicle is already in use then you should be out helping your team win, instead of dealing with those 2 players..

yes it is a violation of the ROE for them to attempt and restrict any vehicle for themselves and to kill you to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                        Ok, if 2 guys are obviously 'together' and ready as a pilot/co-pilot team, I can understand their frustration if a single player arrives at the helipad and messes up their AC team...but to out-of-bounds TK you is just NOT the way to handle it.

My friend and I always squad up and try to use a common tag so that people know that we are together and are taking the chopper up as a VOIP team. If TWO players show up at the helipad, and one of us doesn't get into the chopper and one of us does, we'll jump out and let the other 2 have it. If there is only ONE other guy waiting at the helipad and one of us gets in, we'll politely ask in chat that the other guy get out (while using the bail out command) and explain that we're a 2 man VOIP team. If he were to bring another player along, we'd gladly let them have the chopper for a sortie.
                        I understand that, but why go through all these procedures to get me out of the Chopper? I've been in a server once and the clan that owned it were waiting for the chopper I got in and he typed ''Can me and my buddy use the Chopper then you can use it'' So I hopped out, I am playing on their server so im not going to act hostile towards them if they are being kind about it. But the thing I acutally respected was that when they died, one of them said I can gun and we took turns using it.

Comment

I play on a server that has a "first waiting" rule for vehicles. They enforce it too. Makes sense and reduces (not eliminates) this smacktard behavior of vehicle whoring. I'll always defer flying if I think a couple of guys are "together" for the chopper or bomber.

Comment

My bud and I make a pretty good pilot/gunner team. he does the flying and I shoot stuff. This goes back to the DC days. Sometimes we get a helo and sometimes we don't. If I am slow to spawn and somebody else gets in the gunner spot, my bud takes off and joins the battle. I don't get pissed or hang around at the helo pad waiting for the re-spawn.

The thing is, you can NEVER expect people to treat you the way you THINK you should be treated. This is a good rule of life, but REALLY true in the BF2 game. There will always be smacks. Like Indianscout said, if they are breaking ROE, then you have a recourse. I usually don't pursue that option, but I know it is there. I find it much easier to go and do something else until the round ends and then find another server. Wasting your time and nerves on smacktards only makes you more frustrated.

Comment

I think a good solution to the issue of fighting over vehicles in general is to make pilot and driver classes similar to the commander that you apply for and goes to the highest rank. Only the person who was the chopper pilot class could fly the chopper, only the designated tank driver could drive the tank, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X