Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One shot tank versus tank kill possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One shot tank versus tank kill possible?

I had the oddest experience in a tank now twice in the space of a couple of hours (first time I've ever experienced anything like ths). The scenario: I'm in a tank and I meet the enemy tank head on. I get a couple shells in to him and he misses his first two shots. Waiting for my third shot to fire the enemy tank launches its third shot and suddenly from full health my tank explodes in a single shell. Second scenario was exactly the same but I was in a T-90 instead of an M1A2. Before both deaths I clearly recall glancing down at my armor bar to check my status and both times both my health and armor were at 100% (so no mixed up bars, either).

I'm no newbie when it comes to tank combat and it was in fact the tank that killed me, I was nowhere near C4/mines, no artillery hit me, no AT/TOW hit me and of course the kill registered as the tank that fired the shell at me. Just a single shell which twice resulted in instant destruction of my tank.

So the question remains.. is a 1 shot kill in a tank vs. tank scenario possible by hitting some tiny ultra-vulnerable location on the tank? Something like inside the gunners turret or barrel for example. Both of these silver bullets appeared to hit at the top area of my tank (turretish) if that helps narrow it down a bit.

Re: One shot tank versus tank kill possible?

yes there is. if you hit it so you can make it rebound and hit the turret, its like a double hit

Comment

Originally posted by joshmaister
      yes there is. if you hit it so you can make it rebound and hit the turret, its like a double hit
      Interesting, I've never seen nor done anything like that.

If that is in fact what happened it still leaves a big question mark in my mind because in a tank versus tank battle at most it'll take 3 shots to destroy the enemy tank. However it'll take 2 if you hit the treads twice. You see where I'm going with this.. a rebounded shot wouldn't be hitting the treads therefore wouldn't it fail to create an instant kill? Is there some other vulnerable area on the top area of a tank that a rebound shot could exploit for a single shell kill?

Comment

This should explain everything.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCB
          Indeed you are correct... http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/tankvstank.html has a video of the exact shot. It was just so odd because it has never happened to me before then suddenly it happens to me twice within a couple hours.

I'm going to have to start practicing that shot.. uber .

Comment

yea I have killed someone in one hit while it was tank vs tank, I was so amazed

Comment

this knowledge separates ' spawn kill whores' with kdr of 60 in a tank from real experts with kdr with kdr of 6..

i can kill tanks in one shot 4 times out of 10. it isnt easy, it is something hard to relly on in a 1v1 tank battle, but still.. if it works it works. easiest are 100-120m shots on a flat and even surface [road rage i can do it almost 1 in 2 times], because parabolic trajectory helps to achieve the required angle of attack.

what is nice - if two tanks sit side by side realy close, try shooting between them - it should bounce from one to another damaging both tanks, maybe even killing them

again - hard to learn shooting infantry

and btw - as you of course know, a mine placed by an engineer that currently is sitting in a tank would give a [t-90] kill message, not [at-mine] - known [and sucking] bf2 bug

Comment

Now you remind me of this a guy Captain around 2/3 Months ago called. GVI CLAN HACKERS HACKERS. He was furious he constantly grabbed tank I was in it for a long time () And I was so damn lucky that I killed him 2 times in a row with a 1-Shot-Kill

Comment

oo i had this happen to me, i was really amazed that could happen, gotta thank dice for another junk game play bug

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                    oo i had this happen to me, i was really amazed that could happen, gotta thank dice for another junk game play bug
                    I don't know that the 1-shot kill is a bug (unless it doesn't work on all the armies). I certainly wouldn't want DICE to expend any significant effort in eliminating it considering all the other obvious bugs.

Comment

I have had this pulled on me, and I have pulled it off on other tanks. It is important to know. You might just be more safe trying to get the front of the track though. I have no desire to see this get gimped.

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by mrpoptart01

Are you serious?? This is "another bug"??

I am able to do it now and again but the conditions have to be almost exact for it to work. Has happened to me a few times and I always tell the guy "Nice shot" because (Unlike a bug) this is something you have to actually learn and is in fact a nice shot.

Oh and I dont get how having a 60+KD or a 6-KD has anything to do with this at all. I'll blow up your tank and then supress the enemy around a base till you come back, at which point Ill try again to kill you in your tank and then resume supressing your base. I dont really see covering teammates trying to get in a base as spawn raping (Unless of course its an uncap, which I dont enter unless I am blowing up your assets or stealing your armor). Armor users who try to drive up and steal a base before eliminating the enemy and getting ground support are the ones with the 6-KD.

Comment

you have to bounce the shot off the reflective armor i saw a video on how to do it but i dont know the exact link.

here is the website it was on

Comment

Working...
                          X