Karkand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karkand

I was just wondering why do people like Karkand so much? Everytime I play it, it gets a little worse. Most of the people who play don't even know there are more flags beyond the hotel. Their strategy is rush hotel, die, respawn, over and over. The armor is unbalanced. Might as well be called raping turrets. The MEC tanks/apcs come down the one street to the left(from prepective of USMC) and shoot everything coming down the hill over ontop of it. The USMC tanks just stay on that one road and shoot everyone who crosses the road. The tank whores have like 50-0 k/d ratios. Once and a while the US tanks come down the road and base rape the hotel. The tanks and APCs never fight each other they just stay in one place and camp all the infantry. Then if the fighting goes on and one side has the train wreck and one has the gatehouse. Some little C4 junkie always has to blow the bridge. "hey guys lets fight each other from a distance instead of finishing it quick." It requires not strategy you just walk foward to the next spawn point or maybe not forward maybe you go around a building. Then you either take it or you die. There's no falling back in Karkand because if you cross the street a tank or APC will mow you down. It really requires 0 teamwork except of course that you all shoot the guys with red tags. When rushing the hotel there will be about 90 claymores in your way. Also what limits tactics is there are only 2 ways to each base basically a front and a back. In Mashtuur there are a ton so you actually have to decide not just go in the direction from whatever base you have capped. Another thing there are only 2 kits played support and medic it seems. The support camp with their PKMs and the medics wait for the support to die so they can revive them. Some ok Karkand games can be played against clans or something. But most of the time when playing some random public 64 player Karkand server most of the people on my team and the other team deserve to be in the BF2 Special Olypics. Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates Karkand?

Re: Karkand

Karkand is my fave map. I like it so much because i prefer urban maps and it's mainly infantry, i cant stand aircraft maps. Admittedly the Armour is unbalanced, i'd rather it was infantry + jeeps only. When you have competent teams Karkand is an amazing map to play on.

Comment

Armor is unbalanced for people like you, who only know Hotel as a spawnpoint. 50-0 KDR comes from where you ask? The STUPIDITY of opposition. Pure and simple. I have never seen more stupid people bunched together than in your average Karkand server. The map is amazing, its the most "supply lines" type of map, and my first games were amazing there, then, the experience gradually became worse when BF2 players became "self-aware" as in "me me me me me" mentality kicked in. And here you go. You cant spawn off Hotel because you dont want to give away the opportunity to drop that medic bag/grenade/ammo bag one last time. You cant sacrifice 2 minutes of your stat-padding time to spawn as an Anti-Tank, get your squaddies do the same and take out that armor in swift attacks. Because mostly, armor whores are just as stupid as the medics and snipers they shoot. It all creates a huge clusterf*vkfest at Hotel which nobody wants to leave because of the lost time they could gather up points. And then they come here to whine to DICE to take out armor because they cant take out tanks with their medic bags. DUH! Of course you cant!

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis908
        When you have competent teams Karkand is an amazing map to play on.
        agreed

Comment

Hey..I'm just glad you spelled Karkand right

I used to hate Karkand...actually, I still cringe when I see it load as the next map...

It's just SOOO bloody overplayed.

Every freakin' server out there is either 24/7 karkand or has karkand as every second map.

Yeah..it's a good map, but man...it's so overdone.

Plus..it attracts the stat padders and whores.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
            who only know Hotel as a spawnpoint.
            Yea atleast 50% of the time I play that map I screaming with Caps on for people to roll with me to capture more strategic points. But nooooooo, They all just throw a "get killed" party at the hotel.

Comment

Hey, I think Strike at Karkand is a fun map. Most of the time, I find Hotel and even Square capped early on in the games I play in. Most of fighting occurs either at Suburb or Train Accident. It's fun when the USMC gets inside the MEC's main island. The control points are so unstable and get capped so easily. But true... spawn killing occurs there too often, it's just that people don't want to spawn elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                They all just throw a "get killed" party at the hotel.
                thats because its where all the medics get to have there fun lol

Comment

Karkand is excellent, you obviously just play wrong fella........

Juba_deadman2312[Claymore]Abyss_Of_Borg

Comment

I love Karkand, but think if the Bridge at the Train Wreck could not be blown up, it would be a better map. Once it's blown, it becomes a stat padding medic's dream come true. You just hang around the flag and revive, throw a medic pack, rinse and repeat If you try and cross through the water, you get mowed down by the MEC. There's too much chaos in that section of the map.

With the exception of the first couple minutes of grenade fest, the map is set out quite good. I love capping suburb with a squad, whilst everyone is killing themselves at Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                      I love Karkand, but think if the Bridge at the Train Wreck could not be blown up, it would be a better map. Once it's blown, it becomes a stat padding medic's dream come true. You just hang around the flag and revive, throw a medic pack, rinse and repeat If you try and cross through the water, you get mowed down by the MEC. There's too much chaos in that section of the map.

With the exception of the first couple minutes of grenade fest, the map is set out quite good. I love capping suburb with a squad, whilst everyone is killing themselves at Hotel.
                      If i am MEC i always blow the bridge at the Train Wreck, both of them. Then i suicide, respawn as an engineer, and keep the backwater entrance mined, and keep the bridges OUT. I end up with at least 25 kills per map, it tends to get boring sometimes, just waiting, but it seems if you can hold the Gatehouse, the MEC usually wins. If im USMC i take my squad to the Gatehouse and cap it first thing, and then hold it the whole map, also usually ending in a win, not to mention keep the enemies commander blind and unarmed. If you can keep the entrances mined, full Humvees/Vodniks and APCs can rack up your kills quick.

If you rush the Hotel, the most useless point EVERYTIME you play, you probably should uninstall.

Comment

i like wake island more even thought the chinese have a HUGE ADVANTAGE and its hard for USMC to win i kind of like those straight forward battles without flanking and stuff. I dont like karkand because its just Nadefest '06

Comment

Oh man dude, you\ve just been palying it all wrong...

1. Either make a squad if you have a mic or join on that isnt a "death fest at hotel" one. The rest of this guide will take place from SL's point of view.

2. Choose, suburb or island. If you don't know how to get to them using covert methods, no wonder you hate Karkand and go look it up.

3. Go there and cap cap cap behind enemy lines until they start noticing and spreading themselves thin and then just wreak havoc in all the little wars going on all over the place!

Its that simple, really, you just have to give your team a little nudge by getting some more spawns available.

If ur MEC, right at the beginning either c4 subs or mine one of the two secret passages discussed above. After that there isnt much you can do but go to hotel and try a nd use your head and kill the stupid marines who have no skill, there are many tricksd to getting above buildings and stuff like that and if you can find em then you'll have a definite edge over the pathetic medics and supports.

Someone mentioned the armor being unbalanced, I don't think so because the MEC start off with all the points pretty much and if they play well they can keep their lead the whole game. With just a few mines or c4 deployed right away while the armor are driving up you can severly limit their movement. Also, there is a TOW (rocket launcher turret thing, stationary) at the west artillery spawn point (the one noone on US spawns at besides snipers) apc= 1 shot. tank=2 if shot at treads. USE IT!!!!!111!!!!!oneoneone!!!!!shiftoneshiftone!!!!! !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            Armor is unbalanced for people like you, who only know Hotel as a spawnpoint. 50-0 KDR comes from where you ask? The STUPIDITY of opposition. Pure and simple. I have never seen more stupid people bunched together than in your average Karkand server. The map is amazing, its the most "supply lines" type of map, and my first games were amazing there, then, the experience gradually became worse when BF2 players became "self-aware" as in "me me me me me" mentality kicked in. And here you go. You cant spawn off Hotel because you dont want to give away the opportunity to drop that medic bag/grenade/ammo bag one last time. You cant sacrifice 2 minutes of your stat-padding time to spawn as an Anti-Tank, get your squaddies do the same and take out that armor in swift attacks. Because mostly, armor whores are just as stupid as the medics and snipers they shoot. It all creates a huge clusterf*vkfest at Hotel which nobody wants to leave because of the lost time they could gather up points. And then they come here to whine to DICE to take out armor because they cant take out tanks with their medic bags. DUH! Of course you cant!
                            What do you mean people like me? I do spawn as AT but with lack of places to actually hide an AT is very unsucessful. This looks like some message you copy and paste for all Karkand haters. ATs need hiding places. On the wide open road to the train wreck there's a huge drop so you can't use the side of the road for cover. Also that area blocks the TOW. The hotel and square have little to no cover from tanks in the areas where they are going at. The Whare house is made of tin so tanks can shoot you through it or bounce a shell and kill you from the upper level. The gatehouse is a little bit better but still not great for an AT. The factory actually is ok for ATs. The cement factory is pretty good. Maybe my problem is the map is too boring and predicatable. 90% of the people who play it aren't too bright. Pubber teams only know rushing the hotel. Many times I've taken an APC along the edge of the map through the water pretty much capped the whole MEC island at the beginning. I find Mastuur City to be way more balanced for both armor and it has a lot more close infantry fights. Warlord the SF map is like Karkand done right it requires more strategy and more skill and is a better overall map. It's more balanced too. Maybe I don't hate Karkand maybe it's the people who play it I hate. I've had one maybe 1 good karkand match with a good squad. But most of the time it's either a rapefest or too easy. Once I went on the oil pipes and sniped the gatehouse the whole time nobody knew where I was and I got a ton of kills. Once I just put myself up on the rocks by square as support and shot every single person running down the street from hotel and got a ton of kills. Every map is better then Karkand. Name any map Oman, Wake, etc and you have to think about which point to capture next and how to do it. On Karkand you either go for the front one or go with a squad to a back one. People like Karkand because it can be chaotic and is predicable.

@lethal_ranger I know the secret passages and I know how to use them and I do. But if I were to mine them on most servers it would be a waste of mines because people only know the hotel. I've been there and done that to pretty much everything on Karkand. I went to the top of building via climbing on a vodnik. I've climbed up the huge thing in back to and jumped to the roof to snipe the factory. I just don't like the design of the map very much. I've had much more fun ground pouding with a squad on Shaqi, Warlord, Ghost Town, and Mashtuur City.

Comment

With all the bloodletting around the hotel, maybe they should call it Carnage-Land instead of Karkand.

Comment

Working...
                              X