Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so after I install special forces...what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so after I install special forces...what do I do?

After I install special forces...do I reinstall the 1.3 patch?

Re: Ok, so after I install special forces...what do I do?

Yes you do.

Comment

yes if you need the patch go to fileplanet or filefront dont go to the ea server for the bf2 patch its slower than watching a fly take a crap

Comment

Does he have to do any uninstall? Or can he just go from BF2 with 1.3 patch + SF + 1.3 patch again??

Comment

There is a serparate patch for SF.. If you don't, It will come up with a screen "Lightning.gfx was not found. Cannot start the game (blah blah blah)"

Comment

Originally posted by Fusillade
            Does he have to do any uninstall? Or can he just go from BF2 with 1.3 patch + SF + 1.3 patch again??
            Yes but after you install SF you need the FULL patch (about 400megs), not the smaller incremental from 1.2x-1.3.

EDIT: after you install SF it patches it to 1.1

Comment

yes you do and then you play it

Comment

Ok, not to sow sour grapes or anything, but I am new to computer gaming. The best game I have found is BF2, which runs like a train on my system. So naturally, I bought BF2 SpecOps. To my surprise, immediately upon trying to run it got the infamous "mods/bf2/lightning...blah, blah" message with the snotty (really!) at the end. Upon coming to this forum looking for answers, I get directed to two file service websites, both of which charge a subscription fee which in one case doubles, and in the other triples the cost of BF2 SpecOps. Does this seem fair to you?

Come on, guys, a brand new game that requires a (relatively very expensive) patch before you can even run it? Isn't this a blatant bait and switch? It brings to mind the phrase "false and misleading advertising."

Am I out of line? If there is a cogent expanation I would love to hear it.

Comment

Comment

well i didnt have to install the patch for some reason i just started playing

Comment

@MARTEL:
                      Why not use BF2's official site for downloading patches?
                      Or search for it with.. oh, I don't know...Google?
                      Or use EA Downloader?
                      No need to use "3rd" party file service websites with registration and all that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by MARTEL
                        Come on, guys, a brand new game that requires a (relatively very expensive) patch before you can even run it? Isn't this a blatant bait and switch? It brings to mind the phrase "false and misleading advertising."

Am I out of line? If there is a cogent expanation I would love to hear it.
                        Some people complain about the EA server but it goes pretty fast to me. No need to pay money for a download just get it off the games website.

Comment

Working...
                        X