Modding the Splash Screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding the Splash Screen?

I was wondering if it was possible to mod the splash screen because I wanted to create a custom one for my clan... problem is, I can't figure out where it is located... my guess is that it is hardcoded into the EXE... which would pretty much make editing it and playing w/ PB pretty much impossible.

Re: Modding the Splash Screen?

Which splash screen? If you mean before you get to the login screen those are .bik movies in mods\bf2\movies.

Comment

I recommend using RAD Video tools to make the .bik file. Works like a charm...

Comment

I think that he is talking about the one that first pops up, the Battlefield 2 one before the game even starts...

As far as I know that splash screen IS embedded in the .exe

Comment

Originally posted by HackerX4
          I think that he is talking about the one that first pops up, the Battlefield 2 one before the game even starts...

As far as I know that splash screen IS embedded in the .exe
          No, if you delete all the files in the movies folder there will be no splash screen. You go from a black screen straight to the login screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
            No, if you delete all the files in the movies folder there will be no splash screen. You go from a black screen straight to the login screen.
            Which also includes mod folders. Mods tend to have their own splashes. It'll be in mods/modname/movies

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
              Or you tell you init.con not to load them.

Comment

Working...
              X