Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF has made me a better BF2 player.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF has made me a better BF2 player.......

Well for the past month I've been playing SF with pretty good players. With extreme close combat situations in the palace and on iron gator. Today I played Wake the Chinese team had one base left I got my MG36 out and I mowed down like 10 of them in the bunker, went down cleared the beach area of 2 or 3 guys, then capped the flag and killed the remaing guy who spawned in at the last second. My team was just back at the last flag sniping and shooting from a distance while I just rush 'em, killed 'em, and got the flag to neatral. I was only killed by some random guy I didn't see trying to earn his pistol badge. I just joined a game that was almost over and I had the top score. But the server crashed after that. I'm glad you can't use SF unlocks for every army in SF. I learned how to use some of the stocks like the AK-101, RPK-74 and really found out how great they were. I can get headshots with an SVD because I had no L96A1 and didn't always want to use the M95. On Iron Gator I learned how to use the M16 a lot better as a medic because I hate the L85A1 with a passion. In the close quarters of all the big battle zones of warlord I became a pretty good shot with the GL. Also I learned a ton more about armor combat. I learned the hit points in tank to tank combat so if my tank has equal health as the other I can win more often instead of both the tanks being destroyed. Also I just gave up on APC vs. tank combat which the average BF2 player doesn't understand they stay in their APC until the tank kills them trying to fight back or until it's on fire and they run out only to get blown up. APCs can only bust a tank of half health without support of ATs or another tank. So after launching my missile at it I put out a smoke screen, get out, and run away. In close range I learned what weapons were most powerful and what situations they worked best in.(ex. engineer shotguns>DAO-12) One of the last things it taught me was to use all kits. If you were just killed by a shotgun spawn with a shotgun, etc.

Re: SF has made me a better BF2 player.......

i'd agree that SF can make you a better player.

Comment

SF can make you a better player since you dont have to woory about jets and you get more infantry practice

Comment

I find that I perform better in SF, as I'm sure your all know SF is mostly infantry based due to the lack of air power (No jets and few choppers). I think I play better and have more fun in SF. However if I go back to a vehicle based map in vanilla, I don't do all that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss_of_Borg
          Well for the past month I've been playing SF with pretty good players. With extreme close combat situations in the palace and on iron gator. Today I played Wake the Chinese team had one base left I got my MG36 out and I mowed down like 10 of them in the bunker, went down cleared the beach area of 2 or 3 guys, then capped the flag and killed the remaing guy who spawned in at the last second. My team was just back at the last flag sniping and shooting from a distance while I just rush 'em, killed 'em, and got the flag to neatral. I was only killed by some random guy I didn't see trying to earn his pistol badge. I just joined a game that was almost over and I had the top score. But the server crashed after that. I'm glad you can't use SF unlocks for every army in SF. I learned how to use some of the stocks like the AK-101, RPK-74 and really found out how great they were. I can get headshots with an SVD because I had no L96A1 and didn't always want to use the M95. On Iron Gator I learned how to use the M16 a lot better as a medic because I hate the L85A1 with a passion. In the close quarters of all the big battle zones of warlord I became a pretty good shot with the GL. Also I learned a ton more about armor combat. I learned the hit points in tank to tank combat so if my tank has equal health as the other I can win more often instead of both the tanks being destroyed. Also I just gave up on APC vs. tank combat which the average BF2 player doesn't understand they stay in their APC until the tank kills them trying to fight back or until it's on fire and they run out only to get blown up. APCs can only bust a tank of half health without support of ATs or another tank. So after launching my missile at it I put out a smoke screen, get out, and run away. In close range I learned what weapons were most powerful and what situations they worked best in.(ex. engineer shotguns>DAO-12) One of the last things it taught me was to use all kits. If you were just killed by a shotgun spawn with a shotgun, etc.
          It apparently did NOT make you better at formatting your posts. :/

I think you learn more in SF because the players are pretty dedicated to SF and more willing to share/teach/have good tactics. Whereas Vanilla just gets you a bunch of goofballs all TKing for the jets.

Oh yeah, no jets. Hah! My favorite reason for liking SF. I think without jets it lets you concentrate more on ground movement too. No more miraculous "omg was that a bird, superman? NO! it was a jet! ffs".

Comment

SF for the win

Comment

I agree, SF has really helped my ability on the ground move to the next level. Last night I got stuck on a server with the "No Unlocks" bug and I had to use stock weapons, and I learned a lot...the SVD is pretty darn accurate if you just take time to aim like its bolt action and dont go all crazy POP-POP-POP-POP spamming shots like its an AK...

Comment

It made me a great player in a short time... I agree!
                not with airplanes though

Comment

I have to agree also that SF has fine tuned my BF2 play and made me an overall better BF2 player.

Comment

i think im the only person that got the opposite result, when i first got sf i played it non stop then when i went back to playing bf2 again i totaly sucked. it made me far to ready to just charge in guns blairing instead of actually planning.

Comment

I can own people like Abyss_of_Borg without looking at the screen, but in the same sense, I am not arrogant and go make threads about how good I am, because thats just shellfish.

I'll 1 on 1 anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X