Crash to desktop problems!.. Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop problems!.. Again!

Hi guys, another CTD problem, did some searching, can't find a thread with similar symptoms to me. Here they are!

-got the game a few days ago, played without patching on single player, just to get to grips with FPS as I hadn't done so for a while. So far, perfection!

-Downloaded the full 1.3 patch, which was over 400mb, it wasnt the incremental one, definatly the full. Again the game worked awesomely! Perfection again.

-Day finished, [I RESTART MY PC]

-Next day, the game shows the inital splash screen (the big BF2 logo) then crashes to the desktop, giving me the option of sending one of those windows error reports! Sent one, but it doesn't really help cause they cant get back to you.

-So I reinstall the game completely, from the beginning, i wipe EVERYTHING. Install the game from CD, install patch. Works again, YIPEE UNTIL, of course, i restart my pc, and the problem happens again... :/

Now, I could keep installing the game each time i want to play it, but that does take a while..

Anyone have any ideas?

My rig
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2
    Not sure if you need to know anything else

Thanks guys!

edit: it seems this file is giving me problems?

df394b.tmp

After some googling, it has something to with pirate protection something or another? It was a big problem with sims 2 apparently!

I ordered this game from a recognised gaming retail company, packaged with a proper serial code! I dont get it

cheers for any hellp!

Re: Crash to desktop problems!.. Again!

i heard the the new 91.xx driver are causing ctd alot esp in Bf2 and i noticed you have a 7950 so you must be using those. try the beta ones if you aren't using those. try both 91.xx and see if 1 is better then the other.

Comment

Hmm tried deleting the BF-2 and SF cache files and logo cache files?

Comment

use the 91.33 beta drivers it should help you

Comment

idk could be a virus maybe? it seems to only affect u when u restart ur comp

Comment

thnks for all your replies guys! I cant try any of it right now, but i definatly will!

Thanks so much!

Comment

I am not sure if this is your problem but I spent 4+ hours screwing around with mine a couple of days ago. I had the same problems after a reinstall. When you uninstall make sure you are putting checks in all 3 boxes to delete profiles, screenshots etc. This deletes the files in your my documents/bf2 folder. Mine worked fine after reinstalling once I did that proper uninstall and reinstall.

Comment

damn, i wish i had a computer like yours, mine is so crappy :-(
                anyways lol
                do u have sf installed

Comment

fail, its your memory timings

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd update on the situation.

I found a fix!

I researched a bit on the df394b.tmp problem. Turns out, by getting a new dvd drive it fixed it. I thought about it, and it hit me that the drive i'm using is old and from the back of a cupboard.

So, I suggest if someone is getting a similar error revolving around the df394b.tmp file, that they get a new dvd drive, it helped me!

Cheers anyway fellas!

Comment

First al fault if the game crash each time you restart the pc you have a BAD BAD video card I know is a good card but some time it wont connect to bf2 that card so...my suggest you get geforce 7300gs or 7600gt...you still get 570mhz plus I have geforce 7300gs I RULE bf2 with all max out setting ...so anyway get a new video card. Did you also delete the cache folder?

__________________________________________________ __________________________

99% of BF2 players punish for teamkills. If you are one of the 1% who don't punish for teamkills copy and paste this into your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
                        First al fault if the game crash each time you restart the pc you have a BAD BAD video card I know is a good card but some time it wont connect to bf2 that card so...my suggest you get geforce 7300gs or 7600gt...you still get 570mhz plus I have geforce 7300gs I RULE bf2 with all max out setting ...so anyway get a new video card. Did you also delete the cache folder?

__________________________________________________ __________________________

99% of BF2 players punish for teamkills. If you are one of the 1% who don't punish for teamkills copy and paste this into your signature.
                        He fixed the problem... read.

And also, i think its HILARIOUS that you copy and paste your sig into your psts rather than use the sig feature in your profile.

Comment

Yea, got the problem sorted as consultant said

Originally posted by punkboy459
                          if the game crash each time you restart the pc you have a BAD BAD video card
                          Sorry for bumping this thread again, i just like to learn when it comes to pcs. Why would this mean i have a bad graphics card?

Surely if the graphics card was bad, it would crash WITHOUT me restarting my pc?

The only way I can see your right is if the graphics card somehow changed its settings each time i restarted. Im sure my graphics card, as far as i know, is consistent in the way its set up each time i set up!

Ben

Comment

I have the problem of it CTD when it starts loading the geometries part of the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X