Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel

Just a quick, perhaps silly question: if I connected my steering wheel to the computer would I be able to use it do drive around with the DPVs/Jeeps/Armor? I don't know..I just thought it might be fun

Re: Steering Wheel

yep..

Comment

Is that a sarcasm yep or are you saying yes I can?

Comment

Yeah you can

Plug it in, and then go to controls and just for "steer right"... well..... steer right. and vise versa.

Comment

i remember someone posted on these forums awhile back about his wheel too.

Comment

That would be cool.

Comment

that would make driving easier

Comment

actaully it doesnt really help.. i had a steering wheel joystick for a short time and make sure u have the steering wheel set as ur alt keys cuz for some reason it wouldnt let me drive tanks/apcs with the keyboard and sometimes the button would "stick" so id tap the W and itd keep on going, but after i disconnected that steering wheel, it went back to normal, and i didnt miss anything

Comment

Why? Driving is so easy in bf2 with the keyboard. That would be impratical and dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
                    Why? Driving is so easy in bf2 with the keyboard. That would be impratical and dumb.
                    Yeah... I mean it really is.

The only thing it helps, is that there isn't a "Left" and a "Right"... you have everything in between also.

IE the wheels don't just go left and return to center when you let go. lol.

It's kind of good for making turns, cause you don't have to tap "A" or "D" while taking a turn.

Comment

tapping is so much easier because most of the turns are sharp and the vehicles dont really have great turning capabilities

Comment

How long do you spend in a vehicle other than armor to make it worth it? With armor they just dont go fast enough wto where a steering wheel would help.

Comment

Done this too myself, but it just takes up too much space to be worthwhile.

Comment

Sounds fun lmao

Comment

Yeah, you can use the steering wheel and a joystick simultaneously aswell. Wheel is fun, but its not that practical in BF2. So dont bother using it much.

I use my wheels pedals for helicopter rudder.

Comment

Working...
                              X