Enemy at mine spotted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy at mine spotted!

As i sat as a sniper looking through my scope at an enemy at mine i thought to myself, wouldn't be a good idea if they could become 'spotable'. That way less drivers would die from them when they hear 'enemy at mine spotted' and they have a quick look at the map. Also would be a good idea for claymores especially if you see one at the top of a ladder and such

What do you guys think?

Maybe enginners would become more aware of them and actually remove them instead of running past them.

P.s be nice

Re: Enemy at mine spotted!

Claymores would be so much more helpful to be spotted...

**** that is the whole reason I kind of stay away from karkand..

FFS the other night I was playing, and ALL of my deaths were from claymores.

Comment

Good idea, but not really implementable (is that a word?).

Your minimap is already cluttered with junk, mines and claymores would be worse. Plus I don't think people would listen and still run into them.

Maybe if they were spotted... they'd show up bright yellow and you can see them through walls? lol, that's pushing hacks though.

Comment

a different colour yes, good idea

Comment

Maybe instead of spotting which last only a short time, if one had the ability to "mark" the mine, that might work. It would not be visible on the minimap, but when an friendly drove near it, it would show up as flagged or "marked". This would be harder to do with claymores because its harder to walk right up to them.

In all though, this just sounds like another opportunity for more bugs and glitches.

Comment

Another thing I wish they would do, is make it so that all of those commands... you know... "Enemy Infantry spotted!" "Get ammo, here!"..... etc... I wish they didn't show up in the "chat" area, and you just heard the commands, instead of them going in there, and hearing them.

Cause the way it is now, no one ever talks to eachother, cause by the time you finish typing something... all that spam sends it straight up and it's gone already...

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
              Maybe instead of spotting which last only a short time, if one had the ability to "mark" the mine, that might work.
              Yeah, maybe even turn them into a "friendly" mine to use against the enemy.

Comment

This would suck. mines would stay there forever because no one would die from them (removing them), and so it would make choke points.

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMatx
                  This would suck. mines would stay there forever because no one would die from them (removing them), and so it would make choke points.
                  They go away a short time after the person placing them dies so they won't stay forever.

Maybe a new kit item could be small flags you can drop on enemy mines so your team can see them more easily. Good idea for one of the mods. The tricky part would be if you wanted the flags to disappear when the mines did; might not be worth the trouble.

Comment

yea, true point metallica, it is annoying when you wanna type something and all your get is 'get ammo here' constantly.

Comment

maybe is the commander can spot them and warn squads or the ppl in armor about them

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000
                        Yeah, maybe even turn them into a "friendly" mine to use against the enemy.
                        An engineer can do this already. If one wrenchs on the enemy mine it will be picked up and added to that players inventory if he has an open slot. So throw a mine down, wrench the enemy mine, throw it down, then finally wrench your original mine to add back to your inventory.

Originally posted by jimmy_396_jimmy
                        maybe is the commander can spot them and warn squads or the ppl in armor about them
                        Yeah right, that is the last thing we need is another command for the commander to spam the radio with.

Comment

Originally posted by -=KOF=-Viru$
                          yea, true point metallica, it is annoying when you wanna type something and all your get is 'get ammo here' constantly.
                          Hey Virus, check out this topic. Its about exactly what you are saying here.

BY the way, are you in Knights of Fury? Do you have a member called Komodo Dragon? A long time ago, I was sorta in the clan.... took a break, and was wondering if this is the same KOF. We used to chat on team-speak.

Comment

Yep like the idea. What about telling transport to stop if it needs fixing. Many times someone will shout out for repairs then no one will come and the vehicle just goes off into the distance, or you wish it would stand still for repairs. I would like to say repairs on it way something along those lines.

Comment

yea im in knights of fury

thekomodo ** is still there so yea,

Comment

Working...
                              X