Server update goes real slow/stutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server update goes real slow/stutter

When I log into the game, hit the multiplayer tab, the game will update all the server's very slowly, like as if the whole machine is stuttering. Also, the black and white screen behind that scrolls and shows a map being played from birds eye view also stutters (the screen you see behind all the servers being updated).

I have no idea why this is happening. I just built a new computer last week, amd 3800+, asus mobo, 1 gig ram, 7900 GT, 320g sata drive, just a pretty good machine. The actual game plays real good, and I experience very little lag once I get into the game, which brings me to another question/problem.

When I go to join a server, gets done loading and veryfying the client, I hit the Join Now button, and my machine will go into a looping sound mode, then after 10 seconds roughly, it will show the game screen with the map, and a lot of times, it will stop right there, and I get a Connection Error problem.

Also, when I went to install XP Pro, it installed fine all the time, but any time I tried to install Service pack 2, it would lock up 3/4 of the way through, then the OS would be corrupt, and I would have to restart all over with reinstalling the OS. Finally, after 3 or 4 times of doing that, I slipstreamed SP2 and created a new boot disk, and everything loaded up fine. I just seem to notice my machine likes to freeze up any time a new screen/application is brought up, or alt+tabbing out of a game to the desktop.

I'm close to reinstalling again, but I hate to think that could actually have any effect.

Re: Server update goes real slow/stutter

It could be ur actual comp doing this. Check and make sure everything is in its place. If u still have a problem take it to ur local computer shop and ask them to take a look at it.

Comment

Working...
    X