AK101/Gp-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK101/Gp-30

This is such an amazing gun..yet it seems to be over looked.
    Yes the GL is nerfed but all in all its great!
    Firstly you get the AK101 clip/stopping power...amazing.

Now for the GL, still a great weapon..if used in the right hands.
    Yes its crap on vehicle heavy maps some what, but me being a urban map whore I find it a great set-up.

I spent about a month working with the GL, learning to use the aiming thingy..and by god I got it!
    Firstly..CQC..noobing at ya feet is still possible!! Which I used to hate, but in the world of prone spamming medics I say "Eat GL at my feet biatch!"
    All you have to do is fire a foot or 2 in front of the guy, jump backwards..GL will "roll" into them.
    9/10 times it will kill or dmg them..thats when ya finish it off with the AK101.

Add in ability to insta kill guys at range, take out vehicles..its truely an overlooked weapon. After training for a month Ive boosted my AR rifle kills from a even K/D to having +1k kills (I dont play Medic BTW, so all AR kills 90% Assualt) Ive also boosted my GL kills from about 300 hundred to 1100...
    Nothing is a better for mutiple kills then a GL into the middle of a Medic revive orgy.

Downsides..yes theres a few. The GL that lands inches from a guy yet does no dmg, Ive reduced this by being pin point..GL is all about pin point now, no more toob it and forget it. Some basic Nades would be nice, still hard to deal with people above you. Extra armor..it would really matter more if people had weaker if not similar guns then me..plus no armor can stop the 200 yard random nade toss.

Re: AK101/Gp-30

Gr8 for u

Comment

nube tube lol

Comment

I agree that the AK-101 is an amazing gun. But the AK-47 fits my tastes more.

Comment

I agree 100%. The AK-101/GP-30 combo is the best all around weapon in the game. I didn't play for a long stretch, so I went straight from v1.03 to v1.3. I'd heard the noob-tube was nerfed, but in everyday use, I've found it just as effective. Yes it's a tad less forgiving with aim now because of the reduced splash damage, but it's still a one-hit-kill if you know how to use it.

The G36E is generally considered better, but I think that's because it's partnered with an endless supply of health packs. Same with the PKM, only in that case, it's all about the 'nade spam...

Comment

I like the F2000 better

Comment

i agree f2000 is the gun for me

Comment

i havent seen anyone use the ak101 in a while (i havent been killed by one in weeks)

Comment

After getting over 7,000 kills with the tube before the patch. I will not use that piece of crap again.

I don’t mind the bouncing, in fact I like it, since I mainly used to for long range and mid range shots. I also don’t mind the reduced strength and blast radius. But the speed of the grenade being fired is way too slow for me to be able to use it anywhere near as well as I used to. They may as well of just removed the assault kit altogether.

Comment

people blast the 1.3 nade launcher but i am very good with it. i have no problem landing perfectly placed bloops from a considerable distance killing numerous people. i much prefer the noob tube/assault rifle combo to the g3 and its 20rd mag.

Comment

Well if im in a squad ill usually go AK-101 as medic, as I can help my squad and revive my squad leader. But IMO AK-101 is the best assualt rifle in the game. Everything else like the f2000, and l85A1, and all that riffraff look too modern and alien-like. Plus, if your in a clan why not use it anyways... you cant use un-locks in non-n00bish scrims. But AK-101/GP-30 ftw.

Oh by the way. After beta testing 1.4 the speed of the noob-tubes seems to have increased, and the grenade round seems to go straight. Could make the assualt worth playing over the medic in some situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampy
                        Well if im in a squad ill usually go AK-101 as medic, as I can help my squad and revive my squad leader. But IMO AK-101 is the best assualt rifle in the game. Everything else like the f2000, and l85A1, and all that riffraff look too modern and alien-like. Plus, if your in a clan why not use it anyways... you cant use un-locks in non-n00bish scrims. But AK-101/GP-30 ftw.

Oh by the way. After beta testing 1.4 the speed of the noob-tubes seems to have increased, and the grenade round seems to go straight. Could make the assualt worth playing over the medic in some situations.
                        omg. i guess it will once again be a "noob tube". having to arc and time it properly adds a bit of challenge, realism, and fun to being assault class. plus when ur good with it u dont get 10 year-olds crying NOOB! oh well, one of the few well done nerfs of the 1.3 patch and the whiners proceeded to kill that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampy

w00t! Can't wait for the patch. Kind of getting sick of reviving more then I kill.

Comment

Sheesh, how could you guys not mention the G3

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
                              omg. i guess it will once again be a "noob tube". having to arc and time it properly adds a bit of challenge, realism, and fun to being assault class. plus when ur good with it u dont get 10 year-olds crying NOOB! oh well, one of the few well done nerfs of the 1.3 patch and the whiners proceeded to kill that too.
                              Dude relax. You still have to arc it and apply skill. it just goes faster so the person isn't in your face and your already dead before it hits.

Comment

Working...
                              X