Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I keep moving after I let go of the keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I keep moving after I let go of the keys?

I've recently went back to playing BF2 from about a 4-week break. My computer has not changed (ie. hardware, software) during this time. When I join a multiplayer server, my ping reads 30-70 but it takes about 5 whole seconds for my soldier to respond to any keys that I hit. And when it DOES respond to a key, it sticks for about 10 seconds (ie. if I tap the foward key once, I will continue to move foward for 10 seconds). Why is this happening?

Note:
    1.) I have the 1.3 patch
    2.) I have full control over where my soldier looks via the mouse. This has no lag.

Re: Why do I keep moving after I let go of the keys?

Your symptoms sound like lag or a bad server connection. What happens when you fire?

Comment

care to post your system specs here?

Comment

i think ive had this problem b4 (stil dont kno how to fix it) where id be in a tank/apc and id hit W to drive foward a tiny bit and itd keep on going, but this prob happened after i set some of the land vehicle controls in the options menu to use this new steering wheel joystick i bought

Comment

Well if ime running and i am typing a message it will still carry on running.

Comment

Thats system/client lag, not server...

Comment

I keep my running processes in XP to a strict minimum. I use about 260MB of PF usage. My system specs are:

2.6Ghz Intel
              1.50Gb RAM, 184-pin
              ATi Sapphire X1600PRO, 256MB
              XP Pro

When I'm in-game and I fire my weapon, it shoots until the the clip/shells have run out. Like I said, I've never had this problem before until two days ago. My computer hasn't changed. I can run ANY other game on my computer 100% flawlessly.

bump. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Scyrusurcys
                When I'm in-game and I fire my weapon, it shoots until the the clip/shells have run out.
                That coupled with your other symptoms indicates it is highly likely to be lag, especially if this does not happen at all for you in single player mode. Maybe give your modem/router a bit of love with a firmware upgrade or reboot. And make triple sure you aren't running some sort of adware in the background that could be using up bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
                X