BF2 Will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Will not start

OK I know that this has been posted everywhere, but I want to try posting it for myself.

I recently bought Battlefield2 and installed without problem.
    I went to start the game and my screen went black, flickered once or twice and then just returned to the desktop.
    I have updated the game to 1.3, updated my drivers for all of my hardware but without prevail.

I am concerned I will have to return one of the best games ever!

If anybody has a suggestion plz post asap! Thanx:cry:

AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.833 Ghz
    1 GB PC3200 400Mhz RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP 256mb VRAM
    PcChips M848A Mobo
    Seagate 80 GB 7200RPM HD

Is anybody out there??

Re: BF2 Will not start

You graphics card is on the verge of not being able to run the game at all. Can you get the game to load without patching (i.e. in 1.0 form)?

Comment

dude i play with a geforce5500 and theres no lag. i have also 1.6ghz and 512 ram

Comment

Originally posted by phil5
        dude i play with a geforce5500 and theres no lag. i have also 1.6ghz and 512 ram
        Dude, a 6200 is about par with you card. Patch 1.3 seems to create compatibility issues for people with lower end graphics cards.

Have you tried rolling back your nVidia drivers, Silverwolf?

Comment

I have a 7800GTX and have the same problems. I was able to play it a long time ago, but I just recently tried to start it up, and it flickered and went to desktop. I uninstalled it and installed it again, as well. Didn't work.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by DevgruSeal
            I have a 7800GTX and have the same problems. I was able to play it a long time ago, but I just recently tried to start it up, and it flickered and went to desktop. I uninstalled it and installed it again, as well. Didn't work.

Any ideas?
            A full manual uninstall and reinstall, coinciding with a complete virus scan and adware check. Also make sure you havent installed any drive cloning software in the meantime.

Manual uninstall info:

Comment

Originally posted by DevgruSeal

Any ideas?
              do a system restore i had the same problem it helps

Comment

Working...
              X