Call of Juarez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Juarez

After playing the demo I have to say, this is one of the best game's I've played ever, it's amazing.
    It's a America Wild West FPS

Here a bit of info on it.
    http://www.coj-game.com/

Quote:
    Call of Juarez is a First Person Shooter for PC, inspired from the greatest movies of the Western genre. It is the first 'serious' and the most realistic adaptation of the genre. Developed by Techland Studio, the game draws on the major themes of the American Wild West through confrontation between the two principal emblematic characters.

While the game focuses on a high level of realism with its incredible graphics, environments and overall look, the gameplay has not been neglected, and players will enjoy a great gaming experience with duels and shoot-outs, wild horseback antics and a great Western atmosphere.

The original scenario is loosely based on a number of Western movie hits from the seventies and eighties. Players will choose to play as either one of two different characters: Billy, a young fugitive accused of murder, or the merciless vigilante hunting him down, the Reverend Ray, an ex-outlaw who turned to religion, believing that God Himself has chosen Ray to be the instrument of His wrath.

Call of Juarez offers a wide variety of gameplay and features many exciting and innovative uses of objects and decor as well as liquids, gas, fire and smoke. Players will also appreciate the radically different ways the gameplay differs for both the main protagonists.

Call of Juarez is particularly fine-tuned and its non-stop action and originality make it a unique gaming experience which is sure to thrill both Western and FPS fans!

While Call of Juarez pulls off all the classic FPS mechanisms with aplomb, it also features interesting variations that give it the air and feel of a true Western movie. The player has the genuine impression of being a pistol-packing hero in an age when armed confrontation was the daily grind for many adventurers. The Developers have incorporated a classic shooting system as well as two extra game modes.

To recreate the full intensity of Far West dueling, the player has a special game mode based on all the best Westerns. With his shooters holstered, when the player draws his guns in the face of the enemy, he triggers slow-mo “Bullet Time” which symbolizes the advantage for seasoned quick shooters over adversaries. When the game goes into slow motion, the player can shoot several times at his opponents. The second mode is handy for shooting at a distance and the player benefits from sharper vision, improving his aim when shooting.

The Call of Juarez developers wanted to provide players with a very high level of interaction using the game’s excellent physical simulation engine. They didn’t just do with simulating body behavior and objects like most good FPS games. They also gave players the possibility to handle items and move them, throw them, or use them as weapons. Players can also use heavy objects as barricades or to block enemies. Furthermore, Call of Juarez features an innovative fire propagation and smoke system. Each item has specific properties like flammability and fire propagates at different speeds depending on the weather, air temperature, wind direction and the flammability properties of items in the burning zone. Players can set fire to obstacles or use smoke as a screen to hide behind. Oil lamps can be used to start fires, whether thrown or knocked over. The player simply has to fire at the zone where the lamp smashed to light the fire. The fastest, most skilful shooters will also like to hit them before they hit the ground, creating a kind of aerial firebomb.

All these great possibilities create huge freedom of action and a very rich and varied gameplay. The player can imagine thousands of different ways to eliminate an opponent or reach the next level.

The developers of Call of Juarez have gone to great lengths to make sure that the graphics of the game are faithful to a true Western movie. They have created incredible weather effects, immense sunsets and highly realistic wild prairies, which enhance the player’s total immersion. The environments visited on horseback or on foot are vast and extremely detailed with dense vegetation, rushing streams and stunning decor features. Realism rules with grass and trees swaying in the breeze in lush valleys while, on the sun burnt plains, dust sears the eyes.
    Towns feature a wide variety of buildings, faithfully reproduced from the buildings of the era, enhancing the studio’s great efforts and reinforcing the experience of living an intense adventure in the Wild West.

Techland Studio has created a real arsenal of faithfully reproduced period weapons. Players will use Colt six-shooters, like the Frontier, the Peacemaker, the Walker or the Schofield. Each Colt is available in different forms. The developers have also reproduced the classic Winchester M68 and the famous Remington rifle, which also come in sawn-off versions.

Players will also have other weapons like bows and arrows, tomahawks, knives and, of course, the whip, which plays a very important part in the game.

What would a Western be without horses? Not much... For this reason, horseback chases and battles, as well as stunning rides through vast, beautiful settings are extremely important in Call of Juarez. Horses in Call of Juarez are not just a way of getting around like in other FPS games; they influence the gameplay in many different ways and also appear as real characters with their own moods and cheeky personalities. Players will have to learn to improve their riding skills throughout the course of the game.

If the Solo mode of Call of Juarez offers a high level gaming experience, the multiplayer mode allows all players connected in LAN or on Internet to write their own western against other players. Bank or train robbery, showdowns in the middle of the town,… Based on the most famous FPS multiplayer modes (Deathmatch, Team-deathmatch, Capture the flag), developers offer game modes with a unique atmosphere. Through the diversity of its maps, its playable characters (sheriffs, outlaws, Indians, Yankees) and its range of weapons, Call of Juarez immerses players in greatest westerns scenario-like.
    Moreover, Call of Juarez offers, for the most fastidious, high quality tools for creation, parameters’ definition and administration of dedicated servers.

get demo here.

Re: Call of Juarez

dling now.

Comment

Sounds interesting, been waiting for a good western FPS to come out, last game that was like that that I enjoy was the Wanted mod for HL1...

dling in 15mins (stupid Fileplanet queue)

Comment

This is a awesome game im stuck at

Comment

ya I was stuck there for a bit too, just shoot the long silver pipe thing on the water tower and jump across onto it.

How mad fun is it, when you shoot people while yelling Bible quotes

Comment

Looks intresting, downloading the demo now.

There really aren't that many western games out there, but that will change one day.

Comment

Yeah, I literally figured it out as soon as I posted this. I love on the second episode how no matter how many times you run into the guy he never "shoots you"

Comment

I thought the Billy episode sucked in the beginning. Stealing the horse wasn't really fun. I like stealth games like Splinter Cell but watching a guy walk around and waiting for his back to be turned so you can sneak into his house and steal a saddle is pretty dull.
                I was hoping that I'd be able to use the whip to pull myself up onto the porch from behind the house, or be able to get out/toss the saddle out through the window.
                Anyways the rest was all alot of fun. Especially the bullet time where you can hit a guy 6 times before he hits the floor.

Comment

I like using the Bow & arrow, sticks right into them
                  Blood and gore is good to, I would have liked a bit more though.
                  I also thought the voice acting was very good.

Comment

Theres a bow and arrow?

Comment

yep, you take it off one of the dead Indians in Billys level, I think it's the second group you come across, just after the one's hanging around the burning wagon.

Comment

This looks interesting might download it later

Comment

great game

Comment

I love the way akimbo is done. And it's a game from Poland, too. Unbeleavable.

As for shooting the "white pipe thingy" - I didn't I shot the thingy (rope? Or was it metal? I don't remember) that attaches the dangly thingy. Yeah, I know it's a very accurate description.

Comment

Is it a demanding game?

Comment

Working...
                              X