Ok so here is a new idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so here is a new idea.

Would it be possible to do this? Maybe as computers become faster and broadband increases.

So there are several BF2 servers out there and there are several maps. What if the game allowed you to fly/drive a short distance across terrain and you suddenly enter a new battle. You would be doing the same thing as logging off the current server and logging into a new one but it seems as if it is all the same map. The game would randomly choose the terrain and generate new terrain as you traveled from Karland into Road Rage. It all seems like one big world but you are actually hopping from server to server.

Any childish flaming will be retaliated against with my Cat like reflexes.

Re: Ok so here is a new idea.

this is a great idea, and ive toyed with it myself. but theres no way its gonna get implemented into this game. a whole netcode must be built from the ground up around those principles for it to be even attempted.

Comment

I think thats an awesome idea!Although Karkand to Road Rage is a little far fetched since its middle east and U.S.But i think karkand and sharqi would work fine.And Dalian-Dragon valley.

Comment

Sounds interesting, but how would you know which server you were going to? How would your score from the last round be affected? Could other people follow you?

Comment

Maybe a global scoring system. The game could choose the lowest ping populated server to go to. I know it would never be done in this game, but maybe in the future it could be achieved. Generate random terrain and maybe a few practice targets bridges etc as the next map is loading possibly pre-load environments. Not sure, just an idea to toss out.

Originally posted by iburnasses
          I think thats an awesome idea!Although Karkand to Road Rage is a little far fetched since its middle east and U.S.But i think karkand and sharqi would work fine.And Dalian-Dragon valley.
          he he I just picked my two favorite maps. Your right about those two.

Comment

What about a bridge you cross liek you said.

Instead of loading one server you load two, And then you can switch back and forth with lets say a 5 second delay?

Comment

How about having commanders assign troops to certain battle fronts?

Comment

this is a good idea but it wont happen in BF2, baybe a few more battlefields like battlefield 4 or 5 or 10000
                well never know.....(till they tell us)

Comment

planetside?

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETt
                    planetside?
                    Ya I guess so. I never never knew about that game. I just looked it up and it seems to be the same line of thinking.

Comment

That's how EVE Online works with its cluster tiered system. You're in one system and you enter another and you're passed off to another cluster to continue where you left off.

Many MMORPGs work like this. Some MMORPGs go to the extreme like EQ where you actually zone, while others make it seemless like World of Warcraft.

Comment

Working...
                      X