explosives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explosives

before i continue, i just wanna say that this isnt an ugent 1.4 type thread, but i do think that the explosives system needs an overhaul. im pretty sure the intent of removing destructable mines was to influence the use of engineers. and it did that, but it also created the problem of claywhoring on public servers, which is not acceptable imo. so eventually, i think these changes need to happen to the explosives system:

-friendly mines/claymores/c4 should have a blue x, and your own should be yellow

-enemy mines should be invisable unless a friendly engineer is "in range", then they should have a red x

-enemy claymores should be visable but shouldnt have a red x unless a friendly engineer is "in range"

-enemy c4 should be visable but shouldnt have a red x

-mines should be destructable, but should be half as strong as a commander asset

-c4 should be able to be disabled (not detonated) by shooting it a couple times, or chucking a grenade near it

-claymores should be able to be disabled by shooting them or chucking a grenade near them, given the fact that they use a ir sensor. its only fair that a sensor that powerful be possible to disable

-engineers should be able to disable c4

-snipers and spec ops should be able to pick up thier types of explosives

-engineers, snipers and spec ops should only be able to remove/pickup/destroy thier own explosives, or the enemies, but not teammates.

-smoke greandes should last longer and should disable claymores temporarily, the logic is that it uses an ir sensor.

-all enemy explosives should be spottable

-some sort of reward should be given to engis that remove enemy explosives. that being said, anti stat pad measures would also need to be taken.

-claymores should be destroyed when the sniper dies that layed them.

with these changes, it would still be important to have engineers. infact the threat of mining would be much greater, having an engineer with your convoy would be essential. the "in range" distance i was talking about is pretty big, you would definitly be able to see an enemy mine comming up going full speed in a dpv. claymores and c4 should have to be hidden to be effective, but people that are oblivious should still die and people who have situational awareness should be able to get past them. to those of you that think this stuff would increase nade spam, thats true, but only for heavily clayed areas. to those of you who say whats the point of the wrench if you can just detonate explosives?, you are right, these changes would make wrench based explosives removal less important. i think the game flow is seriously screwed up in the current state of the explosives system and these changes would help change that.

Re: explosives

Good thinking roger, I like the idea

Comment

i dont really like it...as a spec ops i love how my c4 is usually undetected thats how i get most of my kills nowadays since the g36c is not really powerful. i like the whole explosives system as it is now..maybe the engies should be able to diffuse the C4, but htey shouldnt be able to know where it is exaclty with a big red X

Comment

I like everything except that C4 should be able to be disabled. Its nerfed enough already.

Comment

I think they should be able to pick up thier C4 with the pick up kit key.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
            as a spec ops i love how my c4 is usually undetected
            when it is detected, someone either has to be sacraficed or the flag wont get capped, same goes for getting pased a clay.
            Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
            but htey shouldnt be able to know where it is exaclty with a big red X
            you are right, further more c4 has no metal, so i will make the neccesary adjustments, but they should still be able to be disabled if they are detected.

Comment

C4 has been over-nerfed. I also think that Spec-Ops should be able to pick up stray C4 packs. Same thing with engineers and Snipers: they should be able to un-deploy AT mines and Claymores, respectively.

I like that idea that AT mines should be undetectable unless a friendly engineer is nearby. That would help make engineers a more attractive choice for team-oriented players.

The Blue X idea is good also.

Comment

you people honestly think c4 has been over nerfed? seriously? its highly effective in every scenario, you people are crazy. aside from car bombing and commander assets, you can set them on a wall and make the enemy chase after you, and oblivious flag capping armor is a prime target aswell. i honestly wouldnt be opposed to a farther throw, infact i will adjust the original post once again.

Comment

I don't like the clacker idea. yes clay whoreing is big nowadays. But* they where made to protect a snipers location. soo a clacker kinda ruins that. but maybe a trip-wire? soo it takes longer too set them up and you can just jump over them. but i do think that a class should be able to disable claymores.

Comment

Why dont we have claymore dissapear after a sniper dies? Right now they just hang around waiting to kill someone.

Comment

I think claymores should have a clackler OR tripwire that be much better. becuase then it doesn't have a censer doing all the work. but a tripwire would be 2 protect.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC.WELCOME
                        I think claymores should have a clackler OR tripwire that be much better. becuase then it doesn't have a censer doing all the work. but a tripwire would be 2 protect.
                        a trip wire would be hard to implement, the only reason i put the whole clacker thing there is so people would realise that if claymores are to have a sensor, it should act like one and detonate from a bullet.

Originally posted by Ghilleman
                        Why dont we have claymore dissapear after a sniper dies? Right now they just hang around waiting to kill someone.
                        hah! i got this change in before you posted!

Comment

roger smith, the whole point of a claymore mine is too protect a snipers poistion. protecting with only a clacker would be hard as hell. thats why you can take the time to set up a wire. and if you can have a clacker or tripwire you can take down some of the clay whoreing that we all set off all the time.

but yes you should be able to blow one up with shooting at it.

Comment

I got an idea, go around heavily mined areas. I never seem to have this problem with mines and claymores.

Comment

Mines should be as strong as a commander asset? So 2 C4 to kill a claymore? Why not just run at it and get revived by a medic? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X