I Have A Problemm .. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have A Problemm .. :(

...I dont know weather i should be very angry at the game or at myself....

I have a computer, Specs:

-P4 3.0GHZ Processor
    -2GB Ram
    -160GB Sata
    -GeForce 6600 Graphics

I installed BF2 on the comp, it run: and played nice. Turn comp off, go back on it a day later: wont run: starts then screen flashes black then goes back to desktop.

Please note, i do have Special Forces disc but it wouldnt install patch, it would say "patching" and nothing happens ..(after at least 25 mins)..so i gave it enough time for sure.

I heard perhaps i need to get an update onto the origional BF2 then install SF..

Guys really, im going mental here: Please point em in the right direction, do i need new Graphics drivers...new BF2 update...new Graphics card!!??

Any help would be desired deeply!

Thank u again. Please get back to me...

Re: I Have A Problemm ..

1) Is BF2 installed on a drive other then the c:\ ? (i heard this causes problems)

2) Did you change any settings in the video.con file ? When i was testing different resoluitions and i picked one the computer didn't like i got the same result.

3) I know this one sucks. Uninstall BF2 , defrag, reboot, From
    BigDaddyTX :

Here's what to do:

Install BF2. Install SF (It hasa version of 1.12 built in). Run Full patch 1.3.

Go play. Unless you have Euro Forces or AF.

For Euro, after running 1.3, install Euro, then re-install 1.3.

For AF, after 1.3, just install AF.

If you have both expansions, run 1.3, install Euro, run 1.3 then install AF.

NOTE - DO NOT USE 1.3 Incremental. Alot of problems have been assosciated with it. Make sure to use Full version of 1.3.

Comment

BF2 is installed on c drive, Um i dont know wat the vid file is so i well rekon i aint caused a problem there...

I cant installed SF straight onto BF2 froma fresh install it dont wana patch, it will say patching and just "freeze" as it were...

Um: atm i am downloading the 1.3 patch (full) ..

See what happens there: any other input guys pleaseeeee

Comment

ok make sure the video drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to the video cards manafactures website.
        You dont need a new video card.
        Open the comps case and make sure the video card is securly in place.
        For me if nothing works i alway reboot my comp from scratch but this is not a good idea if u got important files on the comp.
        If nothing works and any answers the people have given u dont work, then phone up a computer shop like PCWorld who fixes pcs and sorts out problems.
        They can give u advice on what to do and if nothing still works ask them again and ask them if they want u to take ur comp to them. They can do all the testing there at the place for nothing more than around £30 to £60.
        They will also test ur video card and make sure its running properly

Comment

Ok mate, i used your advice and it now works, i installed the 1.3 update and the latest graphics drivers...

I was playing BF2 very well

So i installed Special Forces...went to play it and then this error came up, it comes up when i open SF, before anything loads it goes blank black screen as if its loading up, then this error pops up: not letting me go no further:

How do i get around this? ...Anyone seen this error before?

Thanks again for your continued support

Comment

Working...
          X