X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation: Claw Hammer Beta 1 released

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Operation.../fileinfo.html

Intro:

Allied forces have cracked a Top Secret Chinese transmission revealing the location of a secret chemical and biological weapons facility located in a remote Hengduan mountain region. A hastily assembled USMC force is airdropped into the region to capture this facility. The harsh and rugged terrain caused some assets to be damaged in the drop. The USMC forces must capture this facility before these weapons of mass destruction can be
    fielded against them. The rugged terrain will take it's toll on men and machine alike.

This is my first map and it is designed for 32-64 player servers. It is a complete Beta as it is fully functional. There are some small texture errors that have been corrected for a later release. I am looking for feed back on how this maps plays before I release a final version. Lightmaps were run on Medium.

If someone decides to try and run this on a server, please let me know and I can get some folks to play test it.

Any feedback anyone may have please leave below.

Re: Operation: Claw Hammer Beta 1 released

I'll download it and give feedback asap

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Darth_Master
      I'll download it and give feedback asap
      Thanks! Much appreciated

Comment

First off all, its a pretty nice map, good for dogfights i think. but there are some thing bothering me

The overgrowth

You really need more variety on the overgrowth. After it really get annoying

Ground textures.

U used a ground texture which is really ugly. The one with the yellow bits.

Roads

Dont show up, use standard templates.

small things

dont put the tows on the pallets, it looks a bit retarded.
        Change the fog a bit.
        If i were you i'd redo the battle area.
        And change some of the undergrowth too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Darth_Master
          First off all, its a pretty nice map, good for dogfights i think. but there are some thing bothering me

The overgrowth

You really need more variety on the overgrowth. After it really get annoying
          The region of the Hengduan mountains where this is set is a coniferous forrest which are usually monotype forrests. If I can find some fitting understory, I could add that but given the area, my choices in the editor are limited.

I am also concerned about keeping frame rates up. The more feedback given as to map performance, the better idea I have of how much more I can add.

Ground textures.

U used a ground texture which is really ugly. The one with the yellow bits.
          I'll take that under advisement. Pine needles seemed to fit with the pine overgrowth to me. I am thinking about painting the open spaces by hand so that that texture is only found under the trees.

Roads

[/U]Dont show up, use standard templates.
          The setting of the map is in a very remote area hense no roads and the air strip. Materials were flown in to build the site and that is how it is resupplied. Also, not every place millitaries fight have roads to travel on The lack of roads was by design.

small things

dont put the tows on the pallets, it looks a bit retarded.
          I had to use the pallets because when the TOW's were placed on the ground, they would not show in game. If I raised them up a bit, they showed. Perhaps I can come up with another way to raise them so that they will show in game. Any suggestions?

Change the fog a bit.
          In what way? More specifically, what is wrong with it? Need more info

If i were you i'd redo the battle area.
          Is it too big? too small? Need more info

And change some of the undergrowth too.
          Need more info here too

I truly appreciate your feedback on the map. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

As far as colors and things go, I am colorblind so that may cause some issues in me seeing what you are seeing.

Comment

New release:

Download Link: http://lagadelphia.coders-corner.us/...mmer_Beta2.zip

Fixes for Beta 2:

Moved USMC_LZ base so that it shows on Commander overview
            Fixed floating buildings in various locations
            Raised valley floor 1 m to fix disappearing TOW launchers and a bug that allowed dropped C4 packs to fall under map
            Adjusted machinegun' arc of fire in Mesa 1 bunker
            Adjusted tickets for 64 player version
            Adjusted combat area
            Adjusted fog and view distance
            Increased draw undergrowth distance from 100 to 200 m
            Added and adjusted overgrowth
            Added new capture point for 64 player map
            Added overhead map for loading screen for 64 player version
            Changed undergrowth
            Fixed Low terrain crash. Map will now work with your terrain set to low.

Comment

Originally posted by Lagadelphia

Fixes for Beta 2:

Moved USMC_LZ base so that it shows on Commander overview
              Fixed floating buildings in various locations
              Raised valley floor 1 m to fix disappearing TOW launchers and a bug that allowed dropped C4 packs to fall under map
              Adjusted machinegun' arc of fire in Mesa 1 bunker
              Adjusted tickets for 64 player version
              Adjusted combat area
              Adjusted fog and view distance
              Increased draw undergrowth distance from 100 to 200 m
              Added and adjusted overgrowth
              Added new capture point for 64 player map
              Added overhead map for loading screen for 64 player version
              Changed undergrowth
              Fixed Low terrain crash. Map will now work with your terrain set to low.
              How do you set the undergrowth veiw distance? I'd also suggest you render some lightmaps and change the detailtexture type on the rocks to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fussion
                How do you set the undergrowth veiw distance? I'd also suggest you render some lightmaps and change the detailtexture type on the rocks to 2.

Undergrowth view distance: It is under the Undergrowth:general properties. double click on on and it is the top box in the tweaker panel.

Lightmaps are rendered. They are set on medium for now.

Detailtexture type? Do you mean LowDetailType? If so, it is already set to 2.

EDIT: I have noted the smeared texture and have fixed it for the next release.

Comment

Working...
                X