Groups of AT troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groups of AT troops

Recently, when me and a couple of mates have been on vent playing BF2 together, we have made a 3 man squad and all spawned as AT. If you work together you can obliterate armour and leave your teammates with a much easier job. It works really well on maps like karkand where the armour is very important in determining who wins the round.

When you get it down right, you get really cool moments, like when you see three rockets streak towards and enemy tank simultaneously and blow it to pieces.

Give it a go, it's a laugh.

Re: Groups of AT troops

Yeah it is very cool to do that. I like doing it on wake and completely decimating the armour at the tips of the island.

Comment

When I get my second sound card I'll make some fraps recording of us using this tactic.

Comment

if the missile hit the tank at the same time who gets the kill?

Comment

When going against tanks as infantry it is almost inevitable that you will die, so having 3 guys as AT is, IMO, less effective than having 2 and 1 medic. If you have a 4th, adding a supply guy is the best option.

My friends and I do this all the time if we find that the armor on the other side is tearing us up.

Comment

yeah i have done that before i have had 5 AT so when like a tank and an apc would come in convoy they don't last long at all it is really fun.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
              When going against tanks as infantry it is almost inevitable that you will die, so having 3 guys as AT is, IMO, less effective than having 2 and 1 medic. If you have a 4th, adding a supply guy is the best option.

My friends and I do this all the time if we find that the armor on the other side is tearing us up.
              Play smart, play safe, try outgrounding and outmaneuvering the armor and youre going to be fine. Most of my At deaths have come from me being in a very bad position. Youre going to have to pick a spot where its unlikely for them to get a direct shot nor a splash damage shot at you.

Comment

This is a riot, and damn effective.

We had 5 guys in vent last wkend, 1 medic since we died 12034891 times, and 4 AT's. Played Oman64, took the Construction Site as USMC, and then made our way to the grassy knoll behind the flag and rained AT rockets on the MEC main. I had tears in my eyes watching the havok trying to take off while getting hit by 3 sraw's. Guys on the MEC side finally started spawning at other flags and bringing APC's to our flag in an attempt to kills us all off...

lol fun stuff...

edit - dont forget you can shoot at's and not deal with guiding them. fire, right click (I believe) immediately, and you'll send the rocket on a straight path - works great against some confused armor whore sitting on a bridge / etc...

Comment

HAVING TWO AT's that coordinate thier shots so that they fire at the same time is more effective...and either a Medic Or Supply is a good layout.

Comment

It is nice to play in a big squad like 3 ATs, 1 medic, 1 supply but thankfully the game has a measure against teamwork - Artillery

If you're running around in a group of 5 there going to give it to you every time.

Comment

teamwork??? isnt that an exploit?????

Comment

Ive seen groups of almost 10 firing from several different vectors.

I just sit there picking off a few before death; if I get at least two Im happy.

Many ants brings down a giant.

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
                          teamwork??? isnt that an exploit?????
                          :laugh2:

Ya, I have had chances to work like this in armor intensive maps. When you have a full squad, 3 AT, 1 Medic, 1 Supply, 1 Assualt...you can be the most dangerous group of players on the map.

It depends on the map and objectives, because I find that 2 Medics, 1 Spec, 1 Supply, 2 Assualt work the best. GG!

Comment

Originally posted by donpost
                            Recently, when me and a couple of mates have been on vent playing BF2 together, we have made a 3 man squad and all spawned as AT. If you work together you can obliterate armour and leave your teammates with a much easier job. It works really well on maps like karkand where the armour is very important in determining who wins the round.

When you get it down right, you get really cool moments, like when you see three rockets streak towards and enemy tank simultaneously and blow it to pieces.

Give it a go, it's a laugh.
                            Dude! Your IQ must be >100 because this is an astoundingly SIMPLE idea that involves TEAMWORK and SMARTS and doesn't require NERFING things in order to work... WHAT is WRONG WITH YOU!!?

Seriously... nice to see some honest teamwork paying off...

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_Weasel0r
                              It is nice to play in a big squad like 3 ATs, 1 medic, 1 supply but thankfully the game has a measure against teamwork - Artillery

If you're running around in a group of 5 there going to give it to you every time.
                              That'd be ideal. 3 AT, 1 Medic, 1 Support.

^Who said nerfing, Dearmad?^

Comment

Working...
                              X