Accidental TKs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidental TKs

I had a frustrating run of accidental TKs last night, mostly of an inexplicable nature, which was VERY frustrating. I wasn't lobbing nades into our base, or shooting at blue names or anything dumb like that. These were bizzare Tks and I'm wondering how common they are.

First, I join a Warlord server, spawn at the SAS paradrop and instantly see DrunkenMonkey TEAMKILLS xxxxxx and a body falls below me. Did we spawn into the same area of wtf? Of course I was punished.

Next I jump off a building, mashing the "9" key and before my chute opens, DrunkenMonkey TEAMKILLS xxxxxx. Did my chute open in somebody's face, thereby inflicting a mortal wound? I guess so. Of course I was punished.

Shortly after that, I was in a tank, not moving, and some maniac backs his truck into me at full speed and I get the now all too frequent, DrunkenMonkey TEAMKILLS xxxxxx. Instant punish.

A few minutes later I'm running down a set of stairs and may have got a bit of air. There was a guy at the bottom, guess I landed on him or bumped too hard or perhaps just gave him a heart attack with my sudden appearance and...DrunkenMonkey TEAMKILLS xxxxxx. Yet another punish, of course.

By this time my team score is like -18 or so and my teammates seem to think I'm some kind of griefer and that pretty much took the fun out of everything.

Are these kind of accidental TKs common or was that just a bad, bad run of luck?

Re: Accidental TKs

Sounds like a bad run of luck ...

Although when given the option very few people actually forgive accidental tk's ... even if you shout sorry straight away ...

Comment

yep bad luck. but dont forget there are stupid people who run into grenades which are yours. There are people who run infront of u when ur shooting. There are people who run infront of your car for no reason and u teamkill by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenMonkey
        Are these kind of accidental TKs common or was that just a bad, bad run of luck?
        very common!! you still get mine and claymore punishes, vehicles driving into you e.t.c. infact.. you can even cause players on your team and the other to get massive amounts of teamkills. brush past a full blackhawk with a plane, the pilot of it will end up teamkilling all of his passengers LOL

Comment

I also had two TKs when I chucked a nade and two guys ran after it, presumably to try and catch it and toss it back to me. Didn't include that example as it wasn't so inexplicable.

Anyway, I always forgive TKs unless they seemed to be intentional, which is rare if you stay away from aircraft. I'm punished about 98% of the time even on those crazy "spawn on someones head" TKs that seem to be some kind of glitch in the game.

Oh well, such is life and death in BF2 online...

Comment

People are constantly running in front of my tank or crashing into it with a vehicle and then punishing me - the hazards of being an armor whore...

Comment

Two of my friends and I had a 3 Stooges moment like the OP described with the parachutes. We were on Karkand at the square headed toward the market and the first guy (he was SL) jumped off the ledge at square and parachuted down to the street. The second guy (a medic) jumped off right after him, landed on the first guy's head and killed him.

He tried to revive him but you cannot be revived from that death. He even said afterwards, "I knew he could not be revived, but I felt so bad that I still had to try." While the second guy was trying to revive the first guy, I jumped off, parachuted and landed on the second guy, killing him. I felt bad, and I picked up the second guy's kit and tried to revive him. It all happened in a matter of seconds. It was pretty funny and we were all laughing about it.

As Wargimp once said, "It's strange. It happens. It's BF2!"

-KS

Comment

Originally posted by KangarooSalesman
                Two of my friends and I had a 3 Stooges moment like the OP described with the parachutes. We were on Karkand at the square headed toward the market and the first guy (he was SL) jumped off the ledge at square and parachuted down to the street. The second guy (a medic) jumped off right after him, landed on the first guy's head and killed him.

He tried to revive him but you cannot be revived from that death. He even said afterwards, "I knew he could not be revived, but I felt so bad that I still had to try." While the second guy was trying to revive the first guy, I jumped off, parachuted and landed on the second guy, killing him. I felt bad, and I picked up the second guy's kit and tried to revive him. It all happened in a matter of seconds. It was pretty funny and we were all laughing about it.

As Wargimp once said, "It's strange. It happens. It's BF2!"

-KS
                LOL! That is a 3 Stooges moment if I ever heard one.

Comment

Those are weird....I can't really imagine someone getting owned by a parachute.

On a side note, Is this the same drunken monkey that played on WDF 24/7 karkand recently?

Comment

Originally posted by WMV2
                    Those are weird....I can't really imagine someone getting owned by a parachute.

On a side note, Is this the same drunken monkey that played on WDF 24/7 karkand recently?
                    That may have been me, I've played a few Karkand servers this week, but mostly play SF now. My tag is actually The_DrunkenMonkey, as DrunkenMonkey, my name since Quake2, was already taken.

Comment

Thats rad. Id love to kill someone with my chute. Sounds just like a string of bad luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X