Team Kill Question/Suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Kill Question/Suggestion.

There are times when either I've been slack and throw a wayward grenade, or some player on the same team has walked into my line of fire, thus resulting in me being punished for a Team Kill. Don't you think it would be a good idea that if I was able to revive the player, that the automatic deduction of points for the TK, be put back?

9/10 I forgive players, but there are times when people are too slack with grenades. However instead of automatically punishing them, I wait to see if I am going to be revived. Just before I'm dead, I punish if appropriate.

I hope that made sense

Re: Team Kill Question/Suggestion.

Good idea, which probably won't be implemented by Dice

Comment

Originally posted by Vidh
      Good idea, which probably won't be implemented by Dice
      Exactly.

Comment

I think a TK should be -2....

That just makes sense..

You get a kill, you get +2. You TK, well... you just lost a kill (IE 2 points...)

I have no idea why they would make it -4, and then give "forgive" no meaning... IMO forgive should mean the - points get taken back, and they lose no points, while forgive = -2.

DICE should have known there is going to be accidents, and know that there was going to be TK's on purpose...

Comment

Even if you get 1/2 of the points back, that would make sense.

Comment

I'd like to see TK's as a -4, like they are, but a forgive makes it only a -2.

Personally if it was a stupid situation I'll at least wait to see if they say Sorry. If they don't then tey get punished, but that's few and far between.

KBK

Comment

I hate to read " you was punished for a teamkill ", server admins should realy turn it off. (Punish everything without stuped messages)

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                I hate to read " you was punished for a teamkill ", server admins should realy turn it off. (Punish everything without stuped messages)
                Unfortunately, public humiliation is a very strong motivator. The individual that gets punnished for an accident has to suffer a little in the hopes that the rampant TKers will either draw the attention of the admin or the ire of the rest of the players.

I do like the idea of either the forgive restoring the negative points fully or even by half. A forgive should do more than just make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

Yeah. TK forgive= -2. TK punish= -4. Would be best.

Don't forget that if someone doesn't press either button after a short period of time (~30sec or so) it gives an automatic forgive.

OP: If no revive, at least a "Sorry" is enough to forgive - unless it's obviously my fault I was TKed, then it's automaticly a forgive.

Comment

Working...
                  X