Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game guide/manual besides in-box and paid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game guide/manual besides in-box and paid?

Besides the (somewhat lame) manual you get with BF2, and the Game Guide you can buy, is there somewhere an instruction manual/game guide (not stratagy guide) for BF2 somewhere?

I thought there would be a PDF or something that is more elaborate than the included paper manual. Seems to be a lot of stuff not covered in the manual. I feel kind of ripped off that I bought the full game, yet don't have a proper (complete) manual. None seem to be online... Is EA preventing anyone from writing one up so they can sell their (exclusive) version?

Re: Game guide/manual besides in-box and paid?

check out right here in our tips and tricks section

Comment

Ya, I was browsing that area... Some good stuff, but I'm looking for relatively basic things... like, for example, what some of the icons represent.... (like the circles with numbers... which I now know are squad leaders)... or what destroying the control trailers(?) in single player does (...doesn't allow CPU 'commander' to do radar sweep?... or prevents him from doing artillery strike?).... and little questions like, "If you take over a control point that has an artillery gun, does it become your teams gun, or still remain an enemy one?... and how do you tell which artillery gun is an enemy one? (the control trailer thing and 'radar' has a flag sticker).... and what 'Auto Ready' is (in the loadup screen)...

Just lots of stuff like that, which isn't covered in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Laer
        Ya, I was browsing that area... Some good stuff, but I'm looking for relatively basic things... like, for example, what some of the icons represent.... (like the circles with numbers... which I now know are squad leaders)... or what destroying the control trailers(?) in single player does (...doesn't allow CPU 'commander' to do radar sweep?... or prevents him from doing artillery strike?).... and little questions like, "If you take over a control point that has an artillery gun, does it become your teams gun, or still remain an enemy one?... and how do you tell which artillery gun is an enemy one? (the control trailer thing and 'radar' has a flag sticker).... and what 'Auto Ready' is (in the loadup screen)...

Just lots of stuff like that, which isn't covered in the manual.
        if u destroy arty in single player enemy commander cannot use them for sure. And i dont think that bot-commander uses scan.
        If u take control point with arty, arty does not switch sides. You have to destroy them, to avoid its fire. To find out which arty is yours, look at your minimap: your arty, uav, scan is there, and enemy is not. After several rounds of both sides u will know what is what.
        "Auto ready" does nothing.

Comment

you sir are wrong,

Auto ready is if you have it checked lets say you load up a server go outside before you hit join game and auto ready is on after about 30 seconds you join. With it off you dont.

Comment

For everything you ever need to know about bf2 go here

Comment

Cool... Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X