Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: close air support

Originally posted by Hurricane.CAD
    Erm, dont' fly so low and slow? I don't think it's the game's fault that you're getting shot down by a TANK in a plane...

...unless I'm misreading your statement.
    i was full thrusting over the north base on wake, started to drop the bombs and the tank shot me from the anti air GLA, nearer the end of the beach, tell me thats not a stupid thing to hwppen as if a tank would shoot a palne down in real life.

Comment

cause planes dont drop bombs from 10m irl
      dont try to compare battlefield2 to the real stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Manke
        cause planes dont drop bombs from 10m irl
        dont try to compare battlefield2 to the real stuff
        ok fair enough

Comment

It is anoying when you take out a tank with bombs and accidently kill a team mate - and then they punish you for it!

I'm getting better acuracy now by dive bombing from 600ft and straight back up again especially good for avoiding j10's on my tail ... I also think it helps dropping a bomb at a time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kernel Panic
            It is anoying when you take out a tank with bombs and accidently kill a team mate - and then they punish you for it!

I'm getting better acuracy now by dive bombing from 600ft and straight back up again especially good for avoiding j10's on my tail ... I also think it helps dropping a bomb at a time ...
            yup that is the most annoying thing, when that happens

Comment

guys what server are u talking about and i play infantry and i dont think they should punish of u save them i never u cant aim the bombs like in real life.

Comment

When I bomb a tank, I kill him... I make it a clean job... cause I only use 1 bomb at a time.

I shoot cannon at him, and then nail him with a bomb... so that means a teamate, or more, is within the blast radius of that tank blowing up... which is like 10m...

Comment

Originally posted by saltburn
                  WRONG.
                  you don't know how this game works, do you?
                  jets > heli > armor > infantry

If the jet pilot keeps their jets and helicopters down the heli will rape any armor. if people didn't suck and knew how the game is supposed to be played it would be a lot more fun. :hmm:
                  Um, I'm pretty sure it's you who doesn't understand here.

You're never going to see a round won due to the fact a jet pilot stuck to 1 job focus (that of solely taking out other jets and helos); unless you're playing with your clan, you can't rely on others to focus on 1 aspect of the game either, sorry.. but things aren't that perfect in BF2. I therefore expect the pilots to be doing everything in their power to assist those on the ground in taking CPs, which includes engaging armor when it is spotted for them.

THAT is how the game needs to be played.

Comment

if any one say "we got hostile armor/apc" i turn to their position and bomn that veichle

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                    i always love those movies when theres a dire battle going on and it all ends when a few jets drop a few bombs (ie A bridge too far and Tears of the sun)
                    i like We Were Soldiers when right at the end they storm the vitnamese bunker and the 2 choppers with mini guns turn up and massacre the nva soldiers thats sool cool

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                      I have pretty much given up on bombing the spotted tanks.

Do you know why?

EVERY ****ing time I bomb one, I get at least 2 teamkills... EVERY time..

I just don't understand the logic... you spot the tank in hopes of the jet bombing it, and you have a good 10 seconds to run away.. but no... oh lets just stand near the tank... hide under it ffs....oh nothing will happen.

"OMG the stoopid jet pilet jst bombeD m,E!@ WTF"

And then he punishes me..

I mean WTF? If you spot something, and stand near the tank, and then get TK'd by the very jet that was trying to save you, and you PUNISH him... wtf?

So I don't bomb spotted tanks anymore unless someone on ventrilo wants me to do it.

I will bomb any tank, but if it gets spotted, I know some dumb**** is going to be right near/under/on top of that armor, and I am going to get a TK, and he is going to punish... and probably even another guy.

been there. I often ask people not to run towards the tank they spot. I've often thought of binding a macro to my joystick to say, "Bombs on target, 10 sec." then "Bombs on target, 5 sec." or something. might try that latter. But I bet PB would ban me for "hacking" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NATESOR
                        been there. I often ask people not to run towards the tank they spot. I've often thought of binding a macro to my joystick to say, "Bombs on target, 10 sec." then "Bombs on target, 5 sec." or something. might try that latter. But I bet PB would ban me for "hacking" lol.
                        Thats a good idea...

get autohotkey or whatever the **** its called.. and you can somehow make it say that.

I know it's possible.. I'm gonna try to get it and figure it out.

Comment

I
                          I just don't understand the logic... you spot the tank in hopes of the jet bombing it, and you have a good 10 seconds to run away.. but no... oh lets just stand near the tank... hide under it ffs....oh nothing will happen.
                          I spot armour mainly to let people in my squad know its about, so they don't run straight in to, air support is not always my main reason for spotting, as the chances of it happening are fairly low given tank/plane/other potential targets ratio. I wouldn't punish obviously, but just thought I may give you another possible explaination, maybe make it seem less frustrating...

Comment

I mostly support my squad, so if they cap a flag and I intend to bomb it, I just say the ETA and they hide. They know my spead will be aimed at that case to make the maximum damage across the spawnwpots so they use the common sense in hiding. While a macroed message can be cool as hell too!

Comment

cas definatley needs a larger role.

Comment

Thats a good idea...

get autohotkey or whatever the **** its called.. and you can somehow make it say that.

I know it's possible.. I'm gonna try to get it and figure it out.

alrighty, if you get it working, lemme know

Comment

Working...
                                X