This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit Free-look

Anyone here use the cockpit free-look when piloting jets? I can't seem to figure out a good way to setup the free-look without taking my hands off the joystick and using the mouse.

I tried using an external program to map the joystick axix to the freelook while holding down shift, but it doesn't work too well.

Any ideas?

Re: Cockpit Free-look

Hi there Skwurl

Have you taken a look at this thread?

It shows you how you can use the joystick hat key to look around whilst flying - and a few more things too, such as using the commo rose in flight.

Not sure if it's what you're after, but hope it helps.

Regards
    epoch

Comment

Originally posted by epoch
      Hi there Skwurl

Have you taken a look at this thread?

It shows you how you can use the joystick hat key to look around whilst flying - and a few more things too, such as using the commo rose in flight.

Not sure if it's what you're after, but hope it helps.

Regards
      epoch
      Hey,

My JS doesn't have a hat switch...I really should have bought one that did.

Comment

Start searching-

"mouselook" "mouse look" "joystick mouse look" "joystick mouselook"

Good luck and good common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          Start searching-

"mouselook" "mouse look" "joystick mouse look" "joystick mouselook"

Oh ffs, get a life would ya?

I don't have a hat switch so the discussed threads are useless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
            Oh ffs, get a life would ya?

I don't have a hat switch so the discussed threads are useless to me.
            Who the f*ck said anything about a hatswitch?! I got a hatswitch myself and I dont use one. Instead of bitching, why dont you take my advice and use the searchwords you little *******.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ight=mouselook

Here, breastfed like a helpless kid. Enjoy. Scroll down to my post.

EDIT #2: Talus´ "JoyToKey" guide will help you too. JoyToKey is a 3rd party apps which lets you set MOUSE and KEYBOARD functions on the joystick. Yes, that means LEFT CLICK and Q-Key too. Here, you could have gotten all that, and many more by simply using the SEARCH function.

Comment

f i g h t ! ! ! !

Comment

Who the f*ck said anything about a hatswitch?! I got a hatswitch myself and I dont use one. Instead of bitching, why dont you take my advice and use the searchwords you little *******.
                You certainly are a little twat aren't you?

I did search before I posted and all the threads are about using joy2key for configuring a hatswitch. I'm interested if anyone has thought up any other custom ideas for configuring mouse-look while using a JS and keyboard - besides the ones already discussed. Is that difficult, or did you just want to stroke your e-penis telling another member to SEARCH.

Maybe YOU shoud search before posting something you know NOTHING about.

In conclusion, thanks for ruining this thread with your smart *** comments and uselsess suggestions.

Comment

We've got a bit of a heatwave going on in Europe. I think something similar is affecting the US too.

I can only assume that's what's making most people in the forums somewhat short tempered of late.

Can't wait for winter .....

Comment

Here, breastfed like a helpless kid. Enjoy. Scroll down to my post.

EDIT #2: Talus´ "JoyToKey" guide will help you too. JoyToKey is a 3rd party apps which lets you set MOUSE and KEYBOARD functions on the joystick. Yes, that means LEFT CLICK and Q-Key too. Here, you could have gotten all that, and many more by simply using the SEARCH function.
                    I've already TRIED that you fool.

Did you not read the original post? Perhaps you're the one that needs to be breastfed in learning how to properly unerstand English.

Start here.

Comment

You certainly are a little twat aren't you?
                      Im simply a guy who tried to help you to use the gigantic book of knowledge of Battlefield 2 gaming, simply by using the simple SEARCH funtion. You failed, you pissed off a guy who tried to help, and Im simply returning the favour, you little turd.

I did search before I posted and all the threads are about using joy2key for configuring a hatswitch.
                      BEEP, wrong answer *******. You probably just checked the first post. Or first two. Usually its the OP, and then Talus with JTK, yet I see you failed to look further.

*Search performed using word "mouselook"

13th topic-

Perfectly detailed description to binding joystick to perform "mouselook" function using Battlefield 2 own files.

17th topic-

Perfectly detailed description... ... ...own files + a description to use JOY TO KEY to bind different keys.

I'm interested if anyone has thought up any other custom ideas for configuring mouse-look while using a JS and keyboard - besides the ones already discussed.
                      Battlefield 2 con files. Joy To Key, which isnt useless at all, and can be VERY useful, even in the hands of a newbie and otherwise inexperienced technoguy, like me. Since you act like youre all godly and ... stuff, its a piece of cake for you. SO why dont you stop bitching and download it and give it a shot, eh? Youll LOVE it, I guarantee that.

Is that difficult, or did you just want to stroke your e-penis telling another member to SEARCH.
                      Thing is, if you would have asked me to give you detailed help, I would have. I didnt mean "use search" as a negative comment. I just didnt feel like giving more help at a time since I thought you would manage and it was simply a problem with the wrong search-words. **** like this happens, I know that. So I gave you searchwords and left everything up to you. Now you think I insulted you, you became a man, I cut off your **** and youre bitching. And Im happy.

Maybe YOU shoud search before posting something you know NOTHING about.

In conclusion, thanks for ruining this thread with your smart *** comments and uselsess suggestions.
                      What you didnt realise is that I simply wanted to help with as little timeloss for myself as possible. As a result, you became a tard and annoying.

EDIT: Frack that, Im going to make a "How to use SEARCH function!" thread, and you inspired me...

I've already TRIED that you fool.

Did you not read the original post? Perhaps you're the one that needs to be breastfed in learning how to properly unerstand English.

Start here.
                      You actually didnt even leave a note on whats the problem, at all.

"Doesnt work too well."

Well, Sherlock, does it work or not?! If youre having a problem ACTIVATING the mouselook with SHIFT key, simply reassign it in BF2 key mapping, from LEFT CTRL to SHIFT. Then bind the mouse axis to joystick, configure the necessary sensitivity and youre set. I dont see the f*cking problem! Its so easy (and effective) that even a child would figure it out.

If you dont like JtK, simply follow my lead and use "controls.con" files, assign axis of JS to mouselook, possibly a key for Q (BiBi knows how o do it and he/she has posted up how, too, I dont know, yet) and youre done.

Whats the problem?!

Comment

Oh....my...goodness...

What part of "I've tried those techniques" don't you understand? I have joy2key. I've used it. It's on my PC. I've installed it.

Are you that mentally retarded?

I was asking if anyone has come up with some custom ideas for using it because the traditional setups - TALKED ABOUT IN THE THREADS YOU MENTION - aren't working for me. Your response was:

Search....

That's not very helpful is it? I'm aware of HOW to do it. I'm wondering what setup people like using.

Feck, you're an irritating prick.

Comment

Oh....my...goodness...

What part of "I've tried those techniques" don't you understand? I have joy2key. I've used it. It's on my PC. I've installed it.

Are you that mentally retarded?

I was asking if anyone has come up with some custom ideas for using it because the traditional setups - TALKED ABOUT IN THE THREADS YOU MENTION - aren't working for me. Your response was:

Search....

That's not very helpful is it? I'm aware of HOW to do it. I'm wondering what setup people like using.

Feck, you're an irritating prick.
                          You know, youre a moron. You dont tell what the problem is, youre just saying "it doesnt work too well". Well, no ****! I am constantly thinking that maybe its an error on YOUR part, maybe you dont know how to use it, because it WORKS PERFECTLY fine for almost everyone on this forum! You see? Thats me using common sense.

Imagine the scenario where a blonde chick is phoning her ISP-

"Erm, I dunno, erm, I cant get to da intranet, LOLOL"
                          "What seems to be the problem."
                          "It doesnt seem to work, LOLOL"

You get what Im saying or do I need to ram that knowledge up your rectum?!

Youre an idiot.

Comment

You know, youre a moron. You dont tell what the problem is, youre just saying "it doesnt work too well". Well, no ****! I am constantly thinking that maybe its an error on YOUR part, maybe you dont know how to use it, because it WORKS PERFECTLY fine for almost everyone on this forum! You see? Thats me using common sense.

Imagine the scenario where a blonde chick is phoning her ISP-

"Erm, I dunno, erm, I cant get to da intranet, LOLOL"
                            "What seems to be the problem."
                            "It doesnt seem to work, LOLOL"

You get what Im saying or do I need to ram that knowledge up your rectum?!

Youre an idiot.
                            Although I'm sure you'd enjoy looking up another guys anus, I'm gonna have to pass.

Sorry to dissapoint.

Nice analogy by the way - real applicable to the situation....well, actually not at all, but hey - we've already established your level of retardation so I guess it's acceptable.

Have a great day.

Comment

enough

Comment

Working...
                              X